Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 07:04 AM

83 posts, read 310,013 times

Advertisements

If you like Lehigh post here! There are some ppl out there that say that ppl who are happy here have low standards, and that lehigh is full of crime and crap! Its not Detroit ppl! Its not country or Huston Tx either! Ur not gonna see cowboy hats and horses! It was an up and coming area of Lee County out East and no not in the boon docks (only 5 mins to the interstate) that before the greedy investors got in here was being built up! We have the main road coming in here lined with new business buildings and Doctors offices! I counted 12 new optitricians on Lee Blvd alone! More new homes than you can count and more foreclosures you can shake a stick at! Crime, isnt that everywhere right now? With the way the economy is, crime is the same everywhere! Bad economy makes ppl do bad things EVERYWHERE! Ugly? Yeah its ugly right now, its winter and everything is dead! and if its not winter then its the foreclosure mess! Look I hate Florida with a passion but I get pissed when the only City in the whole county that is barable to live in is constantly bashed with ignorance and ppl who lived here more than 5 yrs ago or even 15 years ago and have moved since! Things change! The cops out here are thick. Dont you want to see a police presence to keep things orderly! U see them in the Cape too but they are too busy parking outside local resturants waiting to pul over the man and his wife who had a glass of wine at dinner! They dont really work they lay for stupid ****! At least in Lehigh the Sheriffs department is always patrolling looking out for the bad stuff and if ur going 5 over so what! But the guy walking with a stick is gonna get questioned. We also dont have to pay a toll to enter our city! We dont make our commissioners rich at our expense! Schools are not all going to be run by retirees! More full timers got active and really put there foot down and have been changing things! I grit my teeth to put my son in Kindie here after seeing how I was left behing in school and I am PLEASANTLY surprised! We are going to a function at school tonight where the school is providing dinner to everyone and daycare for all your children so you and your spouse can sit down and learn about the assessments that your children are going to be completing the next few months! They really want parent envolvment and you shoudl be giving it! Things change! I am in my 30's with two small children! Moved here from the midwest 15 yrs ago and moved to Tn in 08 and had to come back in 09. Crime and jobs were a mess there too! I come from a good middle class family and graduated high school here in FL! I am not a person to ***** about things and never do anything about them. I want to be PROACTIVE in my community and make things better and thats probably why u dont see me on city data everyday talking through my ass like some do! So if you have anything legitimate to say about Lehigh say it here! Say the good with the bad but dont sugarcoat either side! Makes it hard for ppl to really judge the area!

Last edited by daniellec; 02-23-2010 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: add on

Old 02-23-2010, 12:18 PM

374 posts, read 794,526 times
WOW... that was quite an outburst. I don't think people on here want to purposely bash Lehigh. In most cases the "bash" is because people want to give ALL they know to those who are looking to purchase down here. When you are investing money into an area and home, you want that area/home to be the best that money can buy. I just purchased a few months ago and after many many months and advise, I was told by everyone, including my real estate professionals, to stay away from Lehigh... for now. That doesn't mean that the area will always be undesirable.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:46 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,204,446 times
Big wall o' text, will not read, kthxby

Old 02-23-2010, 03:59 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,514,516 times
Just a reminder to posters to watch their language.

Also, posting in paragraphs is much easier to read.

Frank

Old 02-23-2010, 04:14 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,749,729 times
I have to agree with the Cape Coral cops thing, they are petty and rediculous, looking for any way to make a buck. BUT... Watching the news, reading the paper, WHERE is 80% of the crime and crap out of? Yes, Lehigh. Fort Myers follows right behind. 3rd being Collier county. Every day, there is something or a few things out of Lehigh, then you wonder why it has such a crappy reputation. Example...

Teen charged with hacking into school computer system - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

Old 02-24-2010, 05:12 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,847,954 times
Chris, hate burst your bubble, but in school, computer networking classes, they teach children how to access locked networks. Blame the schools then. There is crime, in EVERY town, EVERY day.

Florida Paradise, some people post up opinions and NOT facts, so it is not ALL of what they know, it is NONE of the truth and ALL of what they perceive.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:30 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,749,729 times
Florida is for sure NOT paradise....

Old 02-24-2010, 06:44 AM

301 posts, read 1,151,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Florida is for sure NOT paradise....
That is your opinion...

Old 02-24-2010, 07:51 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,495,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellec View Post
graduated high school here in FL!
Obviously, basic grammar was not a big focus...

Old 02-24-2010, 07:58 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,112,474 times
Lehigh Acres....

They say if you don't have something nice to say, then you shouldn't say anything at all.

So....

<end of post>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area