Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 06:06 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,330,107 times

Advertisements

Bahama Mamma’s opens on Southeast 47th Terrace - cape-coral-daily-breeze.com | News, sports, community info. - Cape Coral Daily Breeze
Contrary to what some pessimists on this forum write, new investment is taking place in the Cape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 09:03 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
That's good news. I also read recently that Fosters Grill is going to open another restaurant.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:53 AM

681 posts, read 884,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Bahama Mamma̢۪s opens on Southeast 47th Terrace - cape-coral-daily-breeze.com | News, sports, community info. - Cape Coral Daily Breeze
Contrary to what some pessimists on this forum write, new investment is taking place in the Cape.

If they open, they are going to serve fresh sea food at low prices, right?

" X is the owner of ---- Seafood in Matlacha. His shop is a hub of shrimp, clams, oysters and fish - all of which, he says, will now get pricey because of the spill.
For now it's just a waiting game. The seafood industry in Southwest Florida is anticipating the hit they're about to take. As for just how bad it will be, they don't know.

But they say if you like seafood, you're going to feel it too. "

May/01/2010
'We're going to get hit': Spill to impact seafood prices - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

" Bob ---, who runs a fleet of 35 grouper boats from Madeira Beach, said the closed area is just 38 miles from where his vessels fish. Any extension east might put some boats out of work.

For commercial fleets, looming closures are a short-term fear. The larger concern is the future.

The oil and chemical dispersants are poisoning the lower food chain, with infinite amounts of fish eggs and larvae, including grouper. The eggs and larvae float in a sea of plankton that travels with the ocean currents and will eventually mix with the chemicals and oil. "

May/20/2010
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...pill-s-effects

Last edited by yoko; 05-25-2010 at 02:08 AM..

Old 05-25-2010, 06:16 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,330,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
I doubt if every restaurant will close as a result of the spill. And I doubt that everyone in Cape Coral will starve to death because some fishing areas are closed. Get a grip.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:44 AM

616 posts, read 1,563,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post

"The reason: hot burgers and cold drinks, and a feeling that each customer is special."

Bahama Mamma’s Tiki Bar a thriving social hub | news-press.com | The News-Press

Where's the "fresh seafood" ? Nice comparison of Apples to Oranges. Looks like the owner knows what he's doing - good location (picked a place that once had a tiki bar but closed down and people miss), experience (2nd restaurant) and the right prices (cheap for handmade hamburgers)

Old 05-28-2010, 02:33 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,725,739 times
Did lunch at this place today..............

It officially receives Yachtcare's seal of approval. (affectionately dubbed the "Flying Nimrod")

Excellent cheese burger, and I tried the "slyders" as well...........yum. And at fifty cents each you can fill up on 'em cheaply. The drinks were a little skimpy( I had a cola, $1.00 for what appeared to be a 6, maybe 8 oz at best cup). I observed NO seafood on the menu.

Breezy? well yeah, hold onto your styrofoam plate when you pick up your burger or it'll be gone with the wind.

And with these prices I wont starve this summer, I can eat slyders instead of PBJ this summer.

Keep it in perspective, this is a great, small, low overhead, unpretentious local stop where a regular crowd seems to be developing. NO attempt should be made to compare it with a Biddle's or Olive Garden, or even Applebee's.

YC.......

note: Yachtcare receives no compensation for his unsolicited, albeit coveted "Flying Nimrod"

Old 05-29-2010, 05:48 AM

681 posts, read 884,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare;14380480

Excellent cheese [B
burger,.. And at fifty cents each you can fill up on 'em cheaply. The drinks were a little skimpy( I had a cola, $1.00 for what appeared to be a 6, maybe 8 oz at best cup). I observed NO seafood on the menu.
Breezy? well yeah, hold onto your styrofoam plate when you pick up your burger or it'll be gone with the wind.
Keep it in perspective, this is a great, small, low overhead, unpretentious local stop where a regular crowd seems to be developing. NO attempt should be made to compare it with a Biddle's or Olive Garden, or even Applebee's.

At such low prices regular/real/bigger restaurants are facing fierce competition in addition to the problem of having less customers!
They pay for dishes to be washed.
They pay for clean, well air conditioned eating area
They pay for cooks preparing more complicated food of the menu
They pay for...

" fragile service area continues to experience high foreclosure and unemployment rates as well as declining income levels."

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...,1321107.shtml

Last edited by yoko; 05-29-2010 at 06:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area