Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 08:20 PM

6 posts, read 8,801 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

My family and I are moving to Fort Wayne in a little over a month. We are currently looking in the Southwest area, 46814, Grey Oaks Subdivision; Northwest area, Twin Eagles Subdivision; or Northeast area, 46845, Hawthorne Park Subdivision. I have done searches on this forum, but haven't found anything regarding these exact subdivisions. Any thoughts?

We are moving from Sacramento, California. We moved to Sacramento from Las Vegas earlier this year, but decided that money isn't everything and quality of life was more important. We have two children - one is thirteen and the other is 17 months. My husband is a physician primarily working out of Lutheran Hospital, but will also cover Parkview occasionally. We are looking for a nice family environment that is a reasonable commute to mainly Lutheran.

I have been reading your forum daily and look forward to the upcoming move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 11:27 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,983,881 times
Since your husband will primarily be working out of Lutheran Hospital, I would focus your search in the 46804 and 46814 zip codes (Southwest Fort Wayne). I've lived in two areas of Southwest Fort Wayne and I really like now being near Highway 69's Exit 302 and living off of Liberty Mills Road near the brand new Kroger Marketplace (a grocery super center that opened this Spring). Realtor's will likely try to steer you towards new builds and the 46814 zip code, but really in this vicinity the market is so flooded with real estate, I would instead look to get a real bargain in an established neighborhood with lots of trees and some hills as Fort Wayne has a lot of flatness and most of the newer developments have wiped out all their mature trees (and the newer developments have sat stagnant for about 5 years now, with many developers now gone bankrupt - no joke).

I moved from a tightly packed McMansion neighborhood to an older more established neighborhood with a lot more land, lots of mature trees, and rolling landscape and I am not looking back. Lower HOA fees, surrounded by nature, and we actually have a great elementary school in our neighborhood!)

FYI - in terms of Southwest Allen County Public Schools, all the elementary schools, and both middle schools are basically the same (there was a time when that wasn't true, but with redistricting a few years ago and funding changes, the schools are all completely comparable now). Homestead High School is one of the best High Schools in Indiana. If you opt to go the private schooling route, you have Canterbury (the best private school available in this area - Elementary through High School), and St. E's (a private Catholic School which gets great reviews).

Old 07-26-2013, 01:38 AM

62 posts, read 116,945 times
it s funny because i am physician too and I am moving to central California in 3 months ,so CA did not loose a physician
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne