Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 01:50 PM

540 posts, read 1,903,034 times

Advertisements

I have a hard time believing Fort Wayne is the dumbest city in Indiana. Us real Hoosiers know that top spot belongs to Elkhart, Indiana, a soon to be Ghost Town. Thank God!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 05:07 PM

61 posts, read 178,595 times
The dumbest people are the ones that think they are smarter than everyone else.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:53 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,012,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldscott View Post
I just received a Master's degree and moved here from Chicago. I feel it's a huge step in the opposite direction, but (a) it's difficult to find work in these economic times (less so for electrical & computer engineers) and (b) I got a job here doing exactly what I want to be doing.
Welcome to Ft Wayne - no, its not Chicago, but on the good side, traffic ain't quite as bad [except during Christmas season on Coliseum ], and while there isn't the big lake, there are many nice smaller lakes in the area. Good food, some interesting nightlife and sports, along w/ recreational opportunities nearby, not bad place to be. In any case, welcome to the city... and hopefully you'll find that the OP's topic here is not that accurate.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,281 times
we are the dumbest city. every one is slow. we are not culturally diverse. there is absolutely nothing to do here. i just got back from newark new jersey and there is so much to do and there are so many diverse people. i cant wait to escape this bottomless hole that is fort wayne in a few years. i advise anyone hear to move and not be sucked in tothis horrible horrible sloww place

Old 08-15-2009, 07:05 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,575,823 times
Wow ... never thought I'd hear that Newark is better than Fort Wayne ... the only thing Newark has going for it is that it has a decent airport so one can get out of there, or it's proximity to NYC.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:14 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,952,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzy14 View Post
we are the dumbest city. every one is slow. we are not culturally diverse. there is absolutely nothing to do here. i just got back from newark new jersey and there is so much to do and there are so many diverse people. i cant wait to escape this bottomless hole that is fort wayne in a few years. i advise anyone hear to move and not be sucked in tothis horrible horrible sloww place
Hahahaha - hilarious and obviously not to be taken seriously. Anyone who has been to Newark will see the above for what it is... an obvious joke.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:32 PM

202 posts, read 760,183 times
Ft. Wayne is very, very stale, especially in the Northeast and Southwest. Not necessarily dumb, just folks who don't want to leave their homes for anything else other than to go to a big box store and buy things. I ran an all ages music venue for awhile, believe me, people weren't dumb, they just never wanted to get out of their house to do anything. I hear, and I hope from what I hear, that the downtown area actually is becoming a bustling scene because of the baseball stadium and library. Heck, I always thought that article was weird considering how many libraries are in Fort Wayne, you can't seem to go more than a few blocks without running into one.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:46 PM

92 posts, read 444,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzy14 View Post
You have just proved why Fort Wayne has been voted dumbest place. Your spelling and grammar in your post displays your lack of basic English skills. I hope the door doesn't hit you on the butt on the way out of Fort Wayne.

Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones and not find yourself the victim of a violent crime in Newark. You really ought to take a look at those numbers for Newark before you plan to move there. You may change your mind quickly.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:14 AM

1,340 posts, read 2,793,488 times
If you really think Ft. Wayne is dumb,its a sure bet you never lived in the south !

Old 10-26-2009, 12:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,799 times
lol everyones wrong the dumbmest city is cincinnati ohio i been here a year from dayton ohio and i never seen so many stupid people in my life ask for directions and it can be the next street they want know what your talking about and and these are the ones thats been here all theyre life they all act slow im not just not saying that its true.i ask two people have they had cornish hens they were serious they ask me what was it i was floored the poverty levels well very high you have to come to see why.im counting down to getting out of here the way they act even dress a homeless lady walked up to me better dressed than i her hair was done up and she ask for money shes like forget it i dont even want it and cussed me out nice shoes hair as if she just stepped out of a salon nice outfit next a guy comes up to me says hes hungry i give him a dollar next thing i know hes pulling around in a nice ride i said to myself let me get the hell outta here so no its not fortwayne or elkart come to cincy and youll change your mine lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne