U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 10:58 AM

3,903 posts, read 835,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
I'm black, single, likely moving to FW in a month and more worried about the crime/ghetto behavior--especially around the apt complexes--than I am about potential racism tbh.

Well said. Much more violent non-hate crime related stuff in those neighborhoods based on the info provided here by sheerbliss and City-data as for mostly any neighborhood.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 05:34 PM

216 posts, read 86,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
I'm black, single, likely moving to FW in a month and more worried about the crime/ghetto behavior--especially around the apt complexes--than I am about potential racism tbh.

This is my main concern when moving as well. I've lived in FW my whole life but recently moved from 46825 to 46805 and I love love love the area I'm in now. Racism exists everywhere unfortunately...we were living in a blue collar neighborhood and it was slowly sliding down hill...as in, becoming hillybilly/white-trashy with troublesome neighbor kids. And I say this as a white lady lol!

I love diversity and the only thing I care about is that the people in my neighborhood are respectful and keep their yards decent lol!

Old 03-05-2019, 10:55 PM

2 posts, read 1,185 times
As others have suggested, I would suggest that you rent for a year before you really look to buy. This way you have a chance to get to know the different areas around town before you jump in and buy something that you may later end up deciding that wasn't right for you. There are a lot of nice apartment complexes around town, or you could look for a home rental.

As for racism, (as a white person, I may not be the best judge of this) but other than small pockets of people who can't accept anyone that is the slightest bit different from themselves (as there is in every community out there), I think that most people here are pretty open to everyone.

I have lived most of my life in NE Fort Wayne(FW) and would suggest looking in that area for homes and/or rentals. There are also some nicer communities on the southwest area of town as well. There is a new housing addition called Fox Hallow (north of FW) with a new apartment community right next to it that may be a nice place to live. Not sure where you will be working, but several of the newer hospitals in town are NE, one being Parkview and the other being Dupont. There are a lot of doctor's offices out in the area of those two hospitals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or