Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 12:42 AM

1 posts, read 7,634 times

Advertisements

Awesome Post. Thanks for sharing lots of information. ITs very usegul to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 11:46 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,951,677 times
The fireworks laws are ridiculous and the noise ordinances are not enforced in Fort Wayne Indiana.

Perhaps Fireworks should be limited to the celebration days/holidays, and even then limited to 9am-11pm. On other days, why not create a process to let people apply and pay for one-off or term-length permits for special events.

Old 04-12-2018, 11:42 PM

1 posts, read 6,226 times
Default Reporting loud stereo

I just moved into a new house and all has been relatively quiet. Until tonight. First day of warm weather. And loud stereos. Called ft wayne sergeants desk non emergency line. Reported the noise anonymous and all was quiet within half hour. I highly recommend.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:34 AM

4,481 posts, read 4,529,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe37 View Post
Fort Wayne, Indiana has the worst noise ordinance policy in the country!!!
Lived up here two and half years and tired of the freaking noise!!!!! First
of all, had problems with noisey neighbors and their pool party crap! The
party goes on way after 1:00AM in the morning! Now that it is freaking
summer time. Now I got to listen to fireworks all freaking summer!!! I don't
mind listening to fireworks one bloody night!

Now that you have to listen to this BS until around the middle of July
which sucks big time! Every year on the local tv channels. They always
talk about fireworks and firework saftey. But never inforce the noise
ordinance!!! You think some people would get tired of listening to fireworks
all summer long! The fort wayne yocals sure do love there fireworks
But I am sure there are some people who don't like listening to it all
the time.
That could be a description of just about every city in the United States. If you hadn't mentioned you were talking about Ft. Wayne, I never wouldn have guessed it.

I live in Austin and it's a party town and there is live music all over town just about every weekend, especially Thursdays thru Sundays. Austin is a loud and boisterous city with about 100,000 college students inside the city limits and 150,000 in the entire 2.2 million metro area. Austin has noise ordinances and fireworks laws, and the cops won't make it an issue until somebody complains about it.

I think most cops are not gonna worry about a loud party unless they get a call from somebody complaining about it. It's just more tedious paper work they would rather not do. On the scale of police importance and essentiality, loud noise is far from being considered an emergancy. I bet it ranks even lower than J--walking and Dunkin' Donuts.

If your noisey neighbors are partying too loud and it's affecting your quality of life, call the police. The cops will come out and warn the partyers to hold the noise level down or they'll be arrested for disturbing the peace and likely get took to jail if they don't co-operate.

Last edited by Ivory Lee Spurlock; 04-13-2018 at 12:49 AM..

Old 05-04-2018, 11:35 AM

5 posts, read 18,671 times
I LOLed the whole time I read this post except for tena. Y’all need to think of your neighbors. I don’t think I would like to drive around in a car with out a muffler. I doubt they do as well. Making them pay a fine for not having a muffler will only take from their ability to get one. Fireworks are part of summer. I don’t personally like them. The ones the city does are nice but my dogs do not care for them. So plan accordingly just like when my dogs don’t go want to **** outside because it’s raining. Also when some ones name is they hate the thing they are commenting on they loose credibility immediately. Angry people make poor choices. Hate is a sign of anger. Please grow up and make an honest effort to fix what you feel is wrong with our city.

Old 06-12-2018, 05:49 PM

1 posts, read 6,075 times
Default Agree 100% "Rude Noisy Neighbors"

Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe37 View Post
Fort Wayne, Indiana has the worst noise ordinance policy in the country!!!
Lived up here two and half years and tired of the freaking noise!!!!! First
of all, had problems with noisey neighbors and their pool party crap! The
party goes on way after 1:00AM in the morning! Now that it is freaking
summer time. Now I got to listen to fireworks all freaking summer!!! I don't
mind listening to fireworks one bloody night!

Now that you have to listen to this BS until around the middle of July
which sucks big time! Every year on the local tv channels. They always
talk about fireworks and firework saftey. But never inforce the noise
ordinance!!! You think some people would get tired of listening to fireworks
all summer long! The fort wayne yocals sure do love there fireworks
But I am sure there are some people who don't like listening to it all
the time.

We live just on the outskirts of the city limits, literally... Our home is in a sizeable neighborhood full of newer houses they have continued building right up through this past year. I'm 2-3 minutes away from Sam's Club off Lima Rd, because I live just off West Cook Rd. There is ZERO noise ordinances applicable for us, according to the police. I have a neighbor next door to me who rocks their house (and MINE) 4-5 days a week with a stereo bass that reverberates through our cheaply built siding walls, and overpowers our tv volume, and it goes on for hours! I don't share a wall with these people. I live in a single family two story house. I attempted to politely go next door and asked them to turn down their music so it wouldn't bother my sleeping husband who has to work a 3rd shift at his job. I literally had the door slammed in my face mid-sentence by my jerk of a neighbor. Police don't do anything about it, because I called and asked. I was met with one of the rudest, and most argumentative women, who answers the phone for the Allen county sheriff's office, telling me why they didn't need to send an officer out to talk with our neighbor.... and Fort Wayne doesn't extend their noise ordinance to the county, or to any of the neighborhoods that border the city limits. Ridiculous. We have a covenant and restrictions telling all the home-owners not to make loud noise before and after certain times, but nobody enforces that either. We've lived here since December 2012, (we moved from out of state for my husband's job here) and the fireworks are a problem for us as well. There should be tight restrictions on when and where they can even be lit, and set off, because these people could set these cheaply built siding houses on fire, but nobody has common sense and seems to care, who has the ability to do something about it. I can't understand why it's legal to set off any fireworks you want from such a tiny yard space like a quarter to a third of an acre, where many fireworks land in neighbors yards, on their cars, and even their neighbors roofs! I don't want to hear the pops, and shrieks of the fireworks for weeks and months on end. One night for the July 4th is quite enough for our family and kids. Plus the ignorant people around us have set them off as late as 2 in the morning when wrapping up loud parties. I hate the noise, and the rudeness of people who don't care who they are bothering around them. I feel it's an invasion to the peacefulness I should have the right to enjoy within my own home me and my husband have worked for. Yet, our property taxes goes up, and we pay them, and I don't feel we are getting much benefit for any of what we pay here. This is the worst place we ever lived. When my husband retires, we will be all too happy to move out away from Fort Wayne and Indiana. It's been one of the noisiest, rudest, and most obnoxious places we've ever been.

Old 06-13-2018, 03:58 PM

4,965 posts, read 6,226,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellert View Post
We live just on the outskirts of the city limits, literally... Our home is in a sizeable neighborhood full of newer houses they have continued building right up through this past year. I'm 2-3 minutes away from Sam's Club off Lima Rd, because I live just off West Cook Rd. There is ZERO noise ordinances applicable for us, according to the police. I have a neighbor next door to me who rocks their house (and MINE) 4-5 days a week with a stereo bass that reverberates through our cheaply built siding walls, and overpowers our tv volume, and it goes on for hours! I don't share a wall with these people. I live in a single family two story house. I attempted to politely go next door and asked them to turn down their music so it wouldn't bother my sleeping husband who has to work a 3rd shift at his job. I literally had the door slammed in my face mid-sentence by my jerk of a neighbor. Police don't do anything about it, because I called and asked. I was met with one of the rudest, and most argumentative women, who answers the phone for the Allen county sheriff's office, telling me why they didn't need to send an officer out to talk with our neighbor.... and Fort Wayne doesn't extend their noise ordinance to the county, or to any of the neighborhoods that border the city limits. Ridiculous. We have a covenant and restrictions telling all the home-owners not to make loud noise before and after certain times, but nobody enforces that either. We've lived here since December 2012, (we moved from out of state for my husband's job here) and the fireworks are a problem for us as well. There should be tight restrictions on when and where they can even be lit, and set off, because these people could set these cheaply built siding houses on fire, but nobody has common sense and seems to care, who has the ability to do something about it. I can't understand why it's legal to set off any fireworks you want from such a tiny yard space like a quarter to a third of an acre, where many fireworks land in neighbors yards, on their cars, and even their neighbors roofs! I don't want to hear the pops, and shrieks of the fireworks for weeks and months on end. One night for the July 4th is quite enough for our family and kids. Plus the ignorant people around us have set them off as late as 2 in the morning when wrapping up loud parties. I hate the noise, and the rudeness of people who don't care who they are bothering around them. I feel it's an invasion to the peacefulness I should have the right to enjoy within my own home me and my husband have worked for. Yet, our property taxes goes up, and we pay them, and I don't feel we are getting much benefit for any of what we pay here. This is the worst place we ever lived. When my husband retires, we will be all too happy to move out away from Fort Wayne and Indiana. It's been one of the noisiest, rudest, and most obnoxious places we've ever been.

Because of a bad experience in one neighborhood? You say you live just outside the Fort Wayne city limits so the noise ordinance doesn't extend there. Why don't you move into the city limits? It's certainly ridiculous to think about moving away from a city, and an entire state, because of one case of bad neighbors.

As for fireworks, Indiana law is fireworks are allowed between 9am and 11pm on days other than holidays. Holidays (Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, and New Year's Eve) they are allowed between 9am and midnight. Local towns can set their own more strict laws but they must allow fireworks between June 29-July 9. But if you live outside an area covered by more strict fireworks laws, they can be set off any day of the year between 9am and 11pm. It is breaking a law even outside a city ordinance if fireworks are being set off outside of these times. However, it can be hard to enforce unless you or the police are sure where the fireworks are coming from.

Old 07-04-2018, 09:00 PM

1 posts, read 5,934 times
Post Your info is not correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tena Ann View Post
I have been living in Fort Wayne for 27 years and can tell you, Santefe37 you are wrong in a few areas.
First...fireworks are allowed only on certain holidays. During the 4th of July holiday residents of Fort Wayne are allowed to use fireworks June 29th -July 3rd between 5p.m. and 2 hours after dusk.
On the day before Memorial Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, the day before Labor Day and Labor Day, the hours are extended from 10 a.m. – to midnight. For New Year’s Eve, the hours are 10 a.m. Dec. 31 until 1 a.m., Jan. 1.
If anyone is breaking the law and using fireworks on days not permitted by the law and you hear them then call the police. I know for a fact they will come out to the house and take care of the problem. I have called them.
As far as the muffler problems, Mr. hates fort wayne, every town in every state has areas where the noise is awful from mufflers. And if it is that bad in your area then call the police.
No one can expect the police to take care of a noise problem if they are not aware of it. In order to help a town grow and learn the people of the town need to become involved. If that means calling the police because someone is breaking the law then do it! Dont sit there and complain about it. Where does that get you?
I love it here in Fort Wayne. And am happy to be a resident of this wonderful city

Tena they are allowed to set off fire works until July 9. Also the police do not always respond to calls about fire works. My neighbor sets fire works off in the middle of the street, a cop never came out. He continues to set off fire works that shake our house and our neighbors house all night. Last year we had a Directtv service man on the roof, he set off a huge banger and he almost fell off the roof. Quote: "what the hell was that?" I told him welcome to the neighborhood. We called the police and they drove past and paused at the end of his drive way, never said anything to our neighbor.

Old 07-05-2018, 02:18 AM

16 posts, read 20,485 times
Your after that step is to get a copy of your local irritation ordinances. Most cities and counties have ordinances that control things like noise trash, trees and other nuisances. For example, many local ordinances disallow unreasonable vehicle noise (like honking the car horn early every morning for a carpool) or dogs barking all night long every night. loud neighbors are in for a warning or still a fine. You can look up your local ordinance at city hall, a public law library or the public library. Make at least two copies of it, one for your neighbor and one for yourself.
The office of the City Clerk is located in the Citizens Square Building - Suite 100, 220 East Berry Street, Fort Wayne, Indiana, 46801. For added information about the City Clerk contact any of the following numbers: Phone for Clerk and Council: 260-427-1221

Old 01-23-2019, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 5,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellert View Post
Pretty sure I live on the opposite side of you and that neighbor is annoying. I have a 1 year old who goes to bed at 7:30/8 and he will still be having band practice until like 9....it’s as if he’s in my house having band practice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne