U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 03:07 PM

4 posts, read 10,968 times
Default Relocating To Fort Wayne

I am going to be in Fort Wayne during the middle of September looking for a place to live. I currently Live in a artsy district In Charlotte with lots of art galleries, restaurants, bars, and music venues within walking distance from my condo. I am interested in similar areas in Fort Wayne.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 05:37 PM

202 posts, read 475,413 times
West Central in Fort Wayne sounds what you are looking for. It is close to bars, which provide alot of the music venues in Fort Wayne. Also, there are plenty of small art galleries in West Central, and you in walking distance to the art museum and the smaller, independent gallery Art Link, which is connected to the Cinema Center, Fort Wayne's only independent arthouse movie theater. West Central is usually liberal, gay-friendly, artsy, and young. I lived there for a little bit when I was in Fort Wayne two years ago.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:49 PM

62 posts, read 132,311 times
Brainiac, people have mentioned West Central alot when talking about Fort Wayne. Where is that exactly (intersection wise) or in relation to downtown Fort Wayne?

Old 09-03-2009, 05:54 PM

62 posts, read 132,311 times
The only places I know downtown are:

Apartment
Three Rivers Apartments (Three Rivers Luxury Apartments - Fort Wayne, IN - VTT Management, Inc. (http://www.vttmanagement.com/property-detail.php?property=3 - broken link))

Condos
Midtowne Crossing Condos (Midtowne Crossing Condominiums)
-only small 1br 550-700sq ft units are available (very blehhhh and too small to put much effort in in my opinion of course)

Harrison Square Condos (Not yet built if they ever will be)
-construction of this sweet place is in question

There may be more, but this is what I have heard of and seen.

If anyone can tell me what condo complexes to check out in West Central as well, that would be great. Also, what bars and stuff do you speak of? I've driven around the city and haven't noticed any streets with much foot traffic that really caught my eye as young and artsy. I may never have ventured fully into the hip area of West Central though. Just name a bar/store/intersection so I can google map it and check it out this weekend and know where I am going =]

Old 09-03-2009, 05:54 PM

4 posts, read 10,968 times
What about condo rental have looked on line but have not found anything

Old 09-04-2009, 03:28 PM

6,747 posts, read 7,641,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakie View Post
Brainiac, people have mentioned West Central alot when talking about Fort Wayne. Where is that exactly (intersection wise) or in relation to downtown Fort Wayne?
I know of Fort Wayne's West Central neighborhood, I have a buddy that lives on Nelson St in what he refers to as West Central.

They have a neighborhood website:

West Central Neighborhood Association of Fort Wayne

and a map:

West Central Neighborhood Association of Fort Wayne

I guess that is the same West Central.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:03 AM

5 posts, read 13,978 times
I love West Central neighborhood. So many cool old homes!

Old 06-29-2010, 05:17 PM

2 posts, read 5,468 times
Hi-
I really could use advise, I accepted a new job offer in Fort Wayne and I am relocating soon. I am a young professional in my mid 20's. I really want a get an apartment in an area that has a couple bars,shops,restraunt in walking distance. I have read that west central and North FW are good areas. Can someone be more specifc on what streets I should look around.

Thanks!

Old 07-03-2010, 11:23 AM

4 posts, read 7,670 times
Would houses in this area be on Forest Park Blvd? This sounds like the type of area we are looking for but everyone seems to direct us to the suburbs in the southwest. We have 2 younger kids and are considering a move to FW but don't really like the suburbs.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:39 PM

516 posts, read 842,645 times
If you enjoy city life, Fort Wayne has that as well. Obviously the suburbs are going to be nicer, but there are definitely some places in Fort Wayne within the actual city. Fort Wayne's suburbs are very nice though! The northwest, northeast, and southwest portions of the city specifically are very nice for suburbian living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne