Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 12:36 PM

562 posts, read 2,402,803 times

Advertisements

If you go online to Trader Joes website you can suggest a new location. So, everyone go online right now and tell them we want a franchise. Oh I can just taste pineapple salsa right now!!!!! Oh, and the blue corn chips with a glass of 2 buck chuck, which is $3 now i think......

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakie View Post
Being a newcomer to Fort Wayne, I've driven through downtown on random friday/saturday nights when i wanted to check out the "scene." I drove down calhoun, washington, harrison, wayne, and a few others and couldn't find a "hot spot" to check out. I barely saw people walking and I didn't see people through windows of the buildings as I slowly cruised around. What's a good intersection to walk down/around to get a good taste of Fort Wayne?

Don't say check out, "west central," cause I can't seem to find what people are talking about when they rave about it.
O fakie,so sad but true. Did you see all the people on the Trolley Art tour last night? We don't really have hot spots downtown, just moments of hotness with some hot people popping up here and there. I wish you all the luck in finding our hot spot. When you find it will you let us know?

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 09-28-2009 at 08:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 08:39 PM

202 posts, read 762,915 times
if you honestly think there are not restaurants, nice restaurants even, in the whole of Fort Wayne, you are sadly mistaken. If Fort Wayne has one thing going for them, it is the diversity of the citizens of the city, and the many different restaurants they open.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:39 PM

891 posts, read 2,449,650 times
There is a Fresh Market on West Jefferson.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:06 PM

62 posts, read 209,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainiac138 View Post
if you honestly think there are not restaurants, nice restaurants even, in the whole of Fort Wayne, you are sadly mistaken. If Fort Wayne has one thing going for them, it is the diversity of the citizens of the city, and the many different restaurants they open.
Key word of thread title "many"

...but that is a subjective term, which is pointless to start an argument/debate over

Old 10-02-2009, 11:41 PM

202 posts, read 762,915 times
no, I really do not think that is subjective, as their are restaurants everywhere, especially along the north downtown area and going west.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:11 AM

5 posts, read 10,846 times
Default Mike Birbiglia live at Rhinehart Music Center at IPFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
I have just moved to Indianapolis from Fort Wayne and have been wondering why Fort Wayne has a lack of restaurants and stores compared to Indianapolis? I know Fort Wayne is much smaller than Indy, but it doesn't make sense that they don't have some of these things. Examples are Trader Joe's McAlister's Deli, Five Guys Burgers and Fries, Macaroni Grill, White Castle, and IMAX movie theaters. Does anyone know why Fort Wayne does not have any of these things?
Go to this instead, please.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:49 AM

245 posts, read 682,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake1 View Post
So I am debating on moving to ft.wayne or indy which one.As far as everything goes work, place to live , etc...... is there a lot of opportunity? Just wondering
Move to Indy, hands down. The fastest growing cities in Indiana are all suburbs of Indy. The economy here isn't great (is it anywhere right now?) but at least its stable. Plus, Indy is 3 times the size of Ft. Wayne, 8 times the size if you include the 'burbs.

Indy has food, culture, entertainment, sports, and places to live in nearly any setting you'd desire that isn't limited by geography (meaning we don't have oceanside beach houses...sorry). Fort Wayne is a rust belt disaster...

Old 10-08-2009, 12:41 PM

3,968 posts, read 8,498,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave.dawsn View Post
Fort Wayne is a rust belt disaster...
And that statement is supported by which facts?

Old 10-08-2009, 01:02 PM

245 posts, read 682,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
And that statement is supported by which facts?
Well, for one thing Ft. Wayne is/was heavily invested in automotive manufacturing, which as we all know didn't turn out so well. Also, Ft. Wayne has fewer people (by percentage, not person for person) with bachelor's degrees and even fewer with advanced degrees. Also, Ft. Wayne has been rated among the rudest and fattest cities in America.

Conversely, Indianapolis has been rated among the best cities for jobs and best cities for new grads, and Fishers and Noblesville, Indy 'burbs, have been rated among the best places to live in America.

Basically, Indy FTW

Old 10-08-2009, 01:36 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,279,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave.dawsn View Post
Also, Ft. Wayne has been rated among the rudest ... cities in America.
By whom? That is a bold statement to make if you can't back it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne