U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 12:48 PM

5 posts, read 21,962 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone! I have been doing research on the areas around Ft. Worth and have some questions. My husband is going to be working in dowtown ft. worth on Riverside Drive and I would like to find an area not too far but not to close to Ft. Worth. I have 3 young children and would like a great family community. Weatherford is a good distance but when we visited it seem to have major traffic problems. And Mansfield looks really clean and offers alot of beautiful park systems but I hear that there is a air quality problem there because of cement plants in Dallas. Which area has less crime? And anyone living in these areas could you please let me know the good and bad. Is there really a bad air situation there? How are the drives for my husband from work.? I even hear around Joe Pool lake that children were getting more accounts of cancer......Please let me know if I am wrong. Thanks any help would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 01:24 PM

49 posts, read 228,862 times
Have you looked at Burleson any? It is just west of Mansfield, and we are closing on our house there next Monday. There seems to be alot to do in the community and their ISD is super! We also started out looking at Weatherford and Aledo, but we liked the feel of the areas south of Ft. Worth more than West- Aledo was beautiful, but it is just houses and hills- we wanted at least some shopping nearby. I have never been to Mansfield but I have heard good things about it. Good luck!

Old 06-20-2007, 02:07 PM

Thanks for the info. We were actually thinking of checking out that area.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:37 PM

27,603 posts, read 45,068,588 times
lots of foreclosures in Mansfield--would be careful about buying there---
Burleson is growing so fast that they may have lots of foreclosures next year--goes w/growing pains and the types of housing being built==watch the area around Everman---gang activity--Sec 8 lower income housing--property values and schools are starting to suffer some fallout in areas around there...

Old 06-22-2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
lots of foreclosures in Mansfield--would be careful about buying there---
Burleson is growing so fast that they may have lots of foreclosures next year--goes w/growing pains and the types of housing being built==watch the area around Everman---gang activity--Sec 8 lower income housing--property values and schools are starting to suffer some fallout in areas around there...
thanks for the info... that is definately good to know.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:08 PM

1,383 posts, read 2,999,991 times
Try Decatur. It's only 25-30 minutes from Downtown Fort Worth and 45 minutes from Downtown Dallas. I work in Downtown Fort Worth and Downtown Dallas and the commute is not bad at all. A TON of people live in Decatur and work in Fort Worth and Dallas. You should see the line of cars heading south on 287 towards Fort Worth in the morning. Theres a TON of growth in Decatur and they are going to build a new mall/shopping center where 287 and 380 cross. Theres also a lot of new housing developments. The schools are great and crime rate is low.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:57 PM

5 posts, read 13,206 times
Aledo/Willow Park, good school district, low crime, living outside of the city and living on the edge of the country yet still only 15/20 mins drive to downtown Fort Worth and only 10 mins drive to Ridgmar mall. A lot of people are moving from Fort Worth and Arlington to Aledo at the moment,people who really know the area! Good luck!

Old 07-29-2007, 09:57 PM

9,519 posts, read 19,555,408 times
The cement plants are in Midlothian (south of Dallas), so that is the area with the air pollution problems.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:22 PM

3 posts, read 8,545 times
Default Weatherford/Aledo relocate

I would like to move to Weatherford/Aledo area. From my research, and visiting a couple times, I have fallen in love with the area.

Applications/resumes have been submitted to a higher education facility. Now I wait.

I would like to rent a house or a loft type living space on a horse ranch. If any of you know, or hear of such a place, I would really appreciate it if you would pass the information on to me.

Blessings!

Old 04-18-2008, 10:14 PM

50 posts, read 173,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowtown View Post
Aledo/Willow Park, good school district, low crime, living outside of the city and living on the edge of the country yet still only 15/20 mins drive to downtown Fort Worth and only 10 mins drive to Ridgmar mall. A lot of people are moving from Fort Worth and Arlington to Aledo at the moment,people who really know the area! Good luck!
Totally agree. We're just off junction 415 of I20 and kids attend Aledo schools.(moved here at Xmas) Really pleased to be out in the country but 15/20 mins away from all the action of Fort Worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or