U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 06-21-2007, 12:03 PM
 
Location: Deep In The Heat Of Texas
2,639 posts, read 2,305,136 times
Reputation: 700

Advertisements

So often I've read posts about people asking about basements in Texas and most replies are that there aren't any basements in this state. I was just looking at the classifieds on CD and found this house near Fort Worth with a full basement, 2,100 square feet. Too cool!!!!

3-Acre Home, Trees, Basement, in NW Fort Worth, TX


So, there really can be basements in Texas. I guess it just depends on where one it constructed.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-21-2007, 01:31 PM
 
Location: TX
5,412 posts, read 14,041,458 times
Reputation: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
So often I've read posts about people asking about basements in Texas and most replies are that there aren't any basements in this state. I was just looking at the classifieds on CD and found this house near Fort Worth with a full basement, 2,100 square feet. Too cool!!!!

3-Acre Home, Trees, Basement, in NW Fort Worth, TX


So, there really can be basements in Texas. I guess it just depends on where one it constructed.
I've heard there are basements in FW, but only in older homes. Nowadays, they're very rare, esp. in newer homes. But they're not impossible to find.

Wow, only $350k for a big (4,200 sq. ft.) house. Back in NJ (my home state), that could fetch a cool million!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2007, 01:35 PM
 
Location: Allen, Texas
670 posts, read 2,673,709 times
Reputation: 201
Default There is one in Richardson...

because my husband's best friend's wife father (whew follow that) put one in when he built his house around the early 2000 when my son was born. He used to go on and on and on about it with pictures and stuff (he had it finished out). It was his first basement since a kid and I think he was just excited.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2007, 02:00 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, TX
1,379 posts, read 5,811,166 times
Reputation: 345
There is a whole development by Scott Properties off of Bond's Ranch Road west of Bus 287 that offers basements. We had looked at them because you could have a house say 3000 sq ft up top and the whole "basement" could be built out or a portion of it built out. We thought it might be a great inlaws quarters in a few years.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2007, 03:57 PM
 
Location: Deep In The Heat Of Texas
2,639 posts, read 2,305,136 times
Reputation: 700
Well, I'm quite happy to hear there are basements in Texas albeit only a few perhaps. That is better than the zero I had thought by previous posts when people from other states inquired about basements.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2007, 04:31 PM
 
Location: TX
5,412 posts, read 14,041,458 times
Reputation: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
Well, I'm quite happy to hear there are basements in Texas albeit only a few perhaps. That is better than the zero I had thought by previous posts when people from other states inquired about basements.
The thing is that supply is very limited, esp. for a mass-built home (planned community). Now I guess if one has a custom-built home, then within reason and code, s/he can get what s/he wants, as long as s/he's willing to pay for it!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2007, 07:27 AM
 
31 posts, read 142,387 times
Reputation: 27
I too was interested in having a home with a basement. Now, with all this massive rain we've been having, I wonder if they've been getting filled up with water?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2007, 07:30 AM
 
Location: Deep In The Heat Of Texas
2,639 posts, read 2,305,136 times
Reputation: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzjanine View Post
I too was interested in having a home with a basement. Now, with all this massive rain we've been having, I wonder if they've been getting filled up with water?

That is a good question. I haven't a clue as I've never had a basement. I do have a tornado cellar though, and it's as dry as a bone in spite of all the rain we've been getting. Gosh, I love that cellar.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2007, 08:48 AM
 
8 posts, read 37,754 times
Reputation: 10
There is no trouble with leakage. The basement is concrete and, as you say, it is dry as a bone. The construction of this home is very unusual and was custom built by an engineer. We are the second owners.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2007, 04:47 PM
 
Location: Deep In The Heat Of Texas
2,639 posts, read 2,305,136 times
Reputation: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by marillyn2244 View Post
There is no trouble with leakage. The basement is concrete and, as you say, it is dry as a bone. The construction of this home is very unusual and was custom built by an engineer. We are the second owners.

Excellent!!
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top