Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 09:06 AM

277 posts, read 696,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Moderator cut: trolling Dallas is still going to be the name most heard on the broadcasts anyway. I mean the media has covered Super Bowls and stuff from city suburbs before so it isn't a big thing. Fort Worth isn't going to shine and the NBA and NHL will be having games around this time too so the spotlight will go right back to Dallas after about a week. Sundance Square and the Stockyards are pretty but after that Fort Worth doesn't have much like Dallas does. Also, remember most of the area media is located in Dallas anyway as well as national news bureaus like NBC News, CNN and Fox News. They won't let the attention get too much on Fort Worth and people won't even see much with the town anyway.
Um, NBC5 is located in Fort Worth as is CBS11, TXA21 and Univision. Also WFAA Channel 8 just signed a lease for a FW studio in the new bustling West 7th development. Guess they wanted to see what it would look like actually having people outside the studio unlike the Dallas studio in Vacant Park.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 09-16-2010 at 01:02 PM..

Old 09-16-2010, 05:29 PM

744 posts, read 1,847,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwjeff View Post
Um, NBC5 is located in Fort Worth as is CBS11, TXA21 and Univision. Also WFAA Channel 8 just signed a lease for a FW studio in the new bustling West 7th development. Guess they wanted to see what it would look like actually having people outside the studio unlike the Dallas studio in Vacant Park.
KDFW Fox 4 is located in Dallas, as is WFAA ABC 8 still. CW33, the PBS station, Telemundo are also located in Dallas. WFAA and KDFW are also much better than CBS11 too and are of the top stations in the country. KDFW broadcasts more local news coverage than any station in the area. KTVT was better as an independent station but I would not want the CBS affilliation to go back to KDFW because they are great as a Fox station. Make CW33 the new CBS affilliate.

Also I am finding nothing on this WFAA channel 8 moving to Fort Worth. You must mean a bureau of the station like they have had in Fort Worth for years. The main station has been located in downtown Dallas for ages and they are not going anywhere.

Also CBS 11 and NBC 5 has Dallas first in the titles and are mostly referred to as a Dallas station since they cover the entire metroplex and Dallas is its anchor. KNBC 4 in Los Angeles and KABC 7 in Los Angeles are located in Burbank and Glendale but they are still Los Angeles stations. A lot of other cities have some of their TV stations located in the suburbs too, like Boston and Miami. WWOR NYC is located in Jersey.

Victory Park is hardly vacant. Try actually going down there some time.

Last edited by brajohns81; 09-16-2010 at 06:22 PM..

Old 09-16-2010, 09:51 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times
Be careful not to troll again...

Oh and for that WFAA station in W. 7th, here ya go...

http://www.fwbusinesspress.com/main....ctionID=49&S=1

I'm guessing they're just moving their already existing office in Fort Worth, but still, that's a plus for that area.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:16 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times
The topic of this thread is ESPN and Sundance Sq. Not what TV stations are where. Stick to topic or thread will be closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:41 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
They are, you think the station is leaving Dallas?? The bureau serves as extra coverage. There is one in Frisco as well. Dallas also has a bureau of KTVT and KXAS.
TO THE MODS: I'm just asking this question and I'm gonna drop the whole "tv station" thing.

.... Tell me, where in that post or MY other posts did I say the MAIN station was moving to W. 7th?

Actually, just forget it. Back on topic.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:57 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times
Since posters can't stick to the topic (you can't see all the deleted posts), this thread is closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth