U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 07:59 PM

184 posts, read 785,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
I don't mean to hijack...

DH and I are getting ready to buy a bigger home. We love Grapevine, but with the "funnel" reconstruction coming for the next 5 years, we are considering other cities in NE Tarrant. We're looking in the $175-$200k range, and we'd really like a 4/2 if possible, with NO POOL. Schools are not important (no kids). We really like Rustic Woods in Bedford, but one of our friends is saying that Bedford is no good and has high taxes...? Any suggestions of good neighborhoods?
I noticed you state that Watauga would be an "awful" commute to downtown Fort Worth and I'm just curious, how long of a commute do you have now from Grapevine to downtown FW? Mapquest shows it takes 28 minutes to drive 24.3 miles from Grapevine to Fort Worth and it shows it takes 17 minutes to drive 12.5 miles from Wataugua to Fort Worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 08:02 PM

9,504 posts, read 19,506,212 times
Current commute is 25-35 minutes at 7:30 AM and 5:00 PM. I mostly go against traffic with a few bottlenecks. One of my coworkers drives from Keller down I-35 and he says it is stop-and-go the whole way down I-35.

I'm not fond of Watauga because it is "too new" and has few existing homes. We looked online tonight and honestly weren't impressed.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:04 PM

Thanks, loves2read. This is good to hear. I don't mind paying a little more in taxes for safety and good value for the money.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:38 PM

3,084 posts, read 6,464,939 times
Christie, I'm curious as to what you are looking at to determine that Watagua is 'too new', as the city has existed since at least the 60's. There are areas that are newly constructed, of course, but there are tons of older established homes as well.

The commute into downtown FW can be easily handled from Watauga with just a little know how to use roads other than 820 and I-35.

Although I don't live in Watauga myself, I've lived in the metroplex all my life and never heard anyone refer to it as new...that just made me chuckle.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:28 AM

That was my husband's term for the place. ;-) Too many strip malls along 377! We were not impressed with the existing homes there, and we do not want to buy a newly built home. I'd prefer to not have to use surface streets for commuting except as an alternate route.

We're trying to stay more in NE Tarrant instead. Hurst, Euless, Bedford, NRH (maybe).

Old 07-24-2007, 08:31 AM

3,084 posts, read 6,464,939 times
We're trying to stay more in NE Tarrant instead. Hurst, Euless, Bedford, NRH (maybe).

Well since NRH butts right up against the east side Watauga, I doubt you'd be happy with that area then.
The far north side of NRH has some very lovely areas that might be a better fit based on what you've stated, but that would put you commuting down Davis Blvd before ever getting to the freeways.

The easiest commute into downtown is really from 121 west of 820, which is Richland Hills....have you even considered that city?

Old 07-24-2007, 05:01 PM

That's why I said "maybe" to NRH. NRH pretty far west, and so is Watauga. We want to stay in NE Tarrant, not North Tarrant. Our couple friends are in Euless and Lewisville, my husband's VFW post is in Euless, and I want to be fairly close to the George Bush Tollway since that is how I get out to my family's place near Rockwall. NO to commuting down Davis! Eeek! I've had to do that a few times (when dropping off or picking up the cats at Creekside vet on Davis in Southlake) and it was awful, stop and go the whole way!

As I said earlier, we're really looking for good neighborhoods in H-E-B area. We really like Rustic Woods of Bedford, and I am just looking for more suggestions of neighborhoods to concentrate on.

Old 07-27-2007, 04:11 PM

1 posts, read 3,152 times
I am a single female hoping to move in H.E.B. area in May, 2008. will be looking for an apartment, one bedroom, and any information on living in area will be helpful. I will be moving from Michigan.

Old 07-27-2007, 04:19 PM

27,450 posts, read 44,947,050 times
ChristieP--I get my dog's food at Creekside Vets--don't do any other business there though cause live in Bedford and board pets in Southalke--that is a crazy road to try to pull out on, isn't it?

Old 07-28-2007, 07:12 AM

Creekside is great! Dr. Wallace is the daughter-in-law of a dear friend, and we have always been impressed with Dr. McClure's knowledge and compassion. It takes a really good vet for me to make the 15-minute drive with a yowling cat in the car, but these ladies are worth it!
Yes, I hate pulling out of their parking lot onto the curve on Davis! I hold my breath!
We have a great in-home pet sitter, so no boarding for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or