U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2007, 10:20 AM

11,878 posts, read 32,921,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loretta128 View Post
I am a single female hoping to move in H.E.B. area in May, 2008. will be looking for an apartment, one bedroom, and any information on living in area will be helpful. I will be moving from Michigan.
Bedford has lots of nice apartments; I would concentrate there (do a search on 76021 zip code). Hurst has a few, but not as many quality apts as Bedford. However, there is a HUGE new luxury development going up as we speak about two blocks from where I live in Hurst. Technically, the new condos/apts are in North Richland Hills, I believe. They are right next door to the Signature Kroger store off Grapevine Hwy (Hwy 26). They should be completed by May of 08. I just drove by them the other day and they appear to be VERY nice; probably will cost more to live there than in my house. It's in a great area though. Good schools right next door (Birdville ISD), shopping, restaurants - all within walking distance. You could almost live there and not need a car except to get back and forth to work.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 11:21 AM

27,453 posts, read 44,947,050 times
but that is right off Hwy 26 Grapevine Hwy---one of the busiest roads in Tarrant co and that is a busy streach of a busy road--noisy traffic at all hours/car fumes--not very relaxing if you plan to have a balcony to sit on at night...

Old 08-01-2007, 12:09 PM

11,878 posts, read 32,921,320 times
Actually, Precinct Line Road is worse ever since they put in the Super WalMart and a ton of other businesses in over here. That stretch of Grapevine Highway isn't really that bad, IMO. I take Grapevine Hwy over to some businesses in NRH rather than using Precinct Line to shop in Hurst because Precinct Line Road is so dang busy all of the time. The apts aren't right on Grapevine Hwy, they're off the road a bit and many of them face a more rural setting on the North side. But all in all, it is a busy area. The worst is where 183 and 820 meet - it's almost always bottlenecked there well before rush hour. But again, if I were shopping for an apartment I would definitely look in Bedford. There are lots and lots of great apartments in Bedford and many are reasonably priced. The ones next to Bedford Boys Ranch are great and in a secluded area with lots of trees. They are on a hill to boot. There are some decent town homes over off of Brown trial right on the Hurst/Beford line off Harwood that are for rent and to buy. They aren't cheap, and they aren't new, but some of them are very, very nice. One we looked into renting was going for 1300 a month but it was recently refurbished and fabulous. It was also large, around 1800 square feet (two story with two car garage).

Old 09-01-2007, 03:28 PM

52 posts, read 164,198 times
Bedford has some of the lowest city taxes for the area. They have a city council determined to keep it that way, no matter what. You get what you pay for.

It may be a few years away, but, keep in mind the North Texas Express, the expansion of Hwy 183 will effect the sales tax revenue of any city along the highway and Bedford will lose more businesses than most.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:03 AM

14 posts, read 40,879 times
Education is probably the most important thing to consider if you have school age children. A good friend of mine resided in the TARA subdivision in Colleyville and his son attended elementary school in Bedford on Cummings near Forest Ridge. When his son went on to Junior High in Colleyville, the son said they were teaching him some things he had already been taught in the sixth grade.

Fortunately the father owns rental properties in other areas and he switched his son from attending Junior High in Colleyville to one in Keller which also has some good schools.

For elementary schools, HEB is rated very good. There are some elementary schools with Spanish immersion, while Trinity High will be offering Cantonese and several other new foreign languages this year.

Any of our children now in grade school who do not become fluent in a second language before they are adults will find themselves at a very severe disadvantage as an adult in the job marketplace.

In summary, if you have school age children, look at the schools first.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:53 AM

TARA Subdivision has HEB isd schools--Larry Cole refused to do the development originally unless Colleyville allowed him to be annexed by HEB ISD since Colleyville/Grapevine ISD at that time was considered a non-starter and HEB was the golden child---how perceptions change---most people now consider GCISD a superior distict but HEB ISD does offer quality programs with its IB strand--the new Mandarin and Farsi languages for Bell or Trinity students--the dancing classes for younger students--the Spanish immersion and Suzuki strings for elementary ones...many scholarship/grant winners in the senior classes each year...

anyway==a child would not start elementary at Bedford Heights and then go to middle school in colleyville--something is not right with that because Colleyville is totally different ISD--unless the parents paid to transfer him out of district...

perhaps the fact that the boy my2cents2u refered to had changed districts was significant...also, I dont believe that sending a child out of the residence zone by using a false address (albeit one the parent owns) lto Keller ISD now is really legal...school attendance in public schools is based on RESIDENCY--not ownership...

Old 12-15-2007, 04:43 PM

7 posts, read 13,735 times
Hi, I find this thread very informational and would like to gather your advise/suggestion.

While my daughter is considering a job offer near DFW in June 08 after college, I am studying the surrounding areas in terms of school ISD (assuming better school district represents less troubled community), crime rate, community statistics (per money.com), and the availability of rental properties.

I have narrowed down to Bedford (though properties are older) and Euless (more newer ones but most are near the airport) for their proximity. Thought about Watauga and Colleyville but they do not appear to have rental property available. Would Keller or Grapevine be too far and too family oriented for a young adult?

Combination of safety, commute and living convenience along with some peer population would be great. Not party goers.

Is DART a good choice to get into Dallas compared to driving?

Did I miss any factors?

We live in a small Boston suburb town. Never been to DFW area before. Thanks.

Old 12-15-2007, 05:21 PM

4,128 posts, read 13,161,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuyak View Post
Hi, I find this thread very informational and would like to gather your advise/suggestion.

While my daughter is considering a job offer near DFW in June 08 after college, I am studying the surrounding areas in terms of school ISD (assuming better school district represents less troubled community), crime rate, community statistics (per money.com), and the availability of rental properties.

I have narrowed down to Bedford (though properties are older) and Euless (more newer ones but most are near the airport) for their proximity. Thought about Watauga and Colleyville but they do not appear to have rental property available. Would Keller or Grapevine be too far and too family oriented for a young adult?

Combination of safety, commute and living convenience along with some peer population would be great. Not party goers.

Is DART a good choice to get into Dallas compared to driving?

Did I miss any factors?

We live in a small Boston suburb town. Never been to DFW area before. Thanks.
Where near DFW will she be working?... Have you considered Dallas itself? Also, you may want to start a new thread in Dallas so you can get fresh feedback.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:22 PM

7 posts, read 13,735 times
Sorry, I did not make it clear. She will be working near DFW airport with Fort Worth address but near Euless (according to Google map . Going into Dallas or Fort Worth would most likely be for weekend exploring instead of daily commute. Thanks.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:14 AM

think there are apartments in north euless and in grapevine and in Bedford that would be a good fit for her--I am not living in an apt or a young single--
there are rental properties available that are like duplexes and townhouses as well in this area
Grapevine probably has more restaurants than Hurst or Bedford areas...my son lived in apt off Cheek Sparger road when he graduated from college several years ago--it is very close to DFW and could have some background noise but he did not really complain about it...
the nicest apts right now are probably the ones off 121 just north of Cheek Sparger---don't know the name but large upscale complex...

DART is not really a good choice for going into Dallas because DART is for Dallas county and not Tarrant--are two ways to mass transit into downtown Dallas and there is lot close to DFW with a shuttle bus and a rail line station in S Hurst they go into area by American Airlines Center where people transfer to city busses--not very convenient for most people unless you have adjustable work schedule...most people here do cars--not mass trans for transportation...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or