Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 03:31 PM

184 posts, read 863,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
you can add a link--just not copy the material from the link--and you can't list MLS #s I found out today--but guess you can give the addresses so someone can search MLS sites for themselves...

and no, we haven't found another lot--the ones inside Metroplex are all to expensive--would have to build a 600-800,000 house to justify the price of the land if the lot is decent ...so we re surfing the resale market but what we want is not that common and houses go quickly--we optioned a house last month only to have the people back out because their son was diagnosed with a brain tumor (at least that is the reason they gave the real estate people) and there is basically no way to challenge that request without making yourself look really bad....
Wow, not such good look huh loves2read? First a lot and now a house. Well, maybe the old adage applies here "Good things come to those who wait"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 04:27 PM

9 posts, read 37,553 times
Euless.......it is GREAT I have lived here for over 25 years. I went to school here and I have a child that just graduated Trinity high school and 1 in South Euless Elementary. We have a GREAT school board and we have great teachers in Euless. We love this town it has plenty of great things to do the parks you can fish in the Parks & Rec department have on going activites. The community does a lot together. There is a parade at Christmas time fishing at a local park twice a year. A large group gets together and goes to DFW airport and greets the incoming soldiers. Great local resturants where you get to know the owners and some of the regulars such as Saviano's. The schools are great my son is in Suzuki Strings @ South Euless and all elementary has Core Knowledge. They also have ballroom dancing (I think for 5th graders). The teachers STAY. My daughter who just graduated had 6 or 7 of my teachers when I was in school. Good sport involved city as well. Euless really is out of the 3 the better choice. Good Luck in you decision.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:02 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
amyp--thanks for the kudoes for HEB ISD--I too think that is a school district that gets a bum rap most of the time--they do a great job of teaching and some of the best teachers in TX--
and what you say about Euless is true--good library and some nice parks and a great golf course...there is a sense of community evident...but there are older, border-line neighborhoods in Euless and not a lot of upscale, newer developments--Section 8 apartments with gangs--don't think that there is lot of appreciation in price in most neighborhoods--tax money from the airport adds a lot to the city budget...but there is not much new development...at least that I know of and I live in Bedford...
most of the people I know who have bought homes in euless lately have been young couples w/o much money or immigrants who buy from owner...

big difference to me between N Euless by Cheek Sparger /Bear Creek area and Euless by Oakwood Terrace
PS glad your child got into Suzuki--that is pretty difficult to do...

Old 07-22-2007, 09:32 AM

Default euless

Not a lot of development. We have had 9 new developments just in the past 3 -4 years and more building. There are section 8 apts in Bedford as well. Living in a section 8 apt does not make you in a gang or a bad person. There are section 8 bedfore as well. I am only stating this b/c all cities except for Southlake have section 8 apts even Grapevine has them. All it is, is more diversity which makes for a better community when you have a good mayor and a good police force. Which Euless does have both.

Old 07-22-2007, 12:17 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times
I don't mean to hijack...

DH and I are getting ready to buy a bigger home. We love Grapevine, but with the "funnel" reconstruction coming for the next 5 years, we are considering other cities in NE Tarrant. We're looking in the $175-$200k range, and we'd really like a 4/2 if possible, with NO POOL. Schools are not important (no kids). We really like Rustic Woods in Bedford, but one of our friends is saying that Bedford is no good and has high taxes...? Any suggestions of good neighborhoods?

Old 07-22-2007, 12:24 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,920,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
I don't mean to hijack...

DH and I are getting ready to buy a bigger home. We love Grapevine, but with the "funnel" reconstruction coming for the next 5 years, we are considering other cities in NE Tarrant. We're looking in the $175-$200k range, and we'd really like a 4/2 if possible, with NO POOL. Schools are not important (no kids). We really like Rustic Woods in Bedford, but one of our friends is saying that Bedford is no good and has high taxes...? Any suggestions of good neighborhoods?
How about Watauga? That town is just north of Loop 820 and east of Rt. 35W. I hear of new housing developments there all the time. There's also North Richland Hills. Both of these towns are a little west of the H-B-E towns.

Old 07-22-2007, 12:25 PM

there are several new sub divisions being built in Euless and some that are 10 years and less. Stonecreek in Euless - actually it is Ft Worth but Euless address. You would be minutes away from 183, 360, 157, 121 and so on. Lots of trees still around here and pretty quite the only thing we hear at night are coyotes and every once in awhile a bob cat. Good clean neighborhood w/ a good HOA.

Old 07-22-2007, 04:23 PM

on other threads I have acknowledged that Bedford has sec 8 at Sotogrande apts --
not all section 8 locations have gangs but I taught in HEB so feel that my info is fairly reliable...
there may be more newer development than I was aware of -- there is a new development that is supposed to be started close to 360 pretty soon as well, I think--
my husband plays golf at Bear Creek every week and he says the noise of the planes is very noticible and they have to stop conversations and wait for it to pass--so I would think any developments close to DFW would have the same problems...not your location, but some certainly...

Old 07-22-2007, 04:36 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times
Oh, we'd prefer an existing home so we can get more for our money, and we also like trees. Airport noise isn't a big deal as we live in Grapevine right now! As long as we're not under the regular flight path, it's OK.

Watauga is "too new" in most areas (no trees, few existing homes) and would be an awful commute for me into downtown FW since the only direct route is 35W.

Old 07-22-2007, 04:36 PM

ChristieP---taxes in Bedford may be a little high but feel that there is good value for the money--most subdivisions are very safe--police and fire departments do a good job--we have an excellent library--Bedford is in one of best locations in Tarrant co--easy to get into FTW, Colleyville, Southlake, or Grapevine---if you work in Dallas you can even get the TRE rail train ...

Seems that city hall has calmed down somewhat after the past years of infighting over senior tax freeze--hopefully it will return to more cooperative attitude that will take into account ALL residents of Bedford--
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth