Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2010, 12:28 AM

5 posts, read 6,928 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I am new to this site. I am from Chicago lived here mostly my entire life (27 yrs) and plan to move to Fort Worth Texas area in the next couple of wks and or Months.
Considering the so mentioned hot hot Summer days, Can any one tell me how much of electricity you pay each month on an average on the high season. I want to know what to expect.
I have 2 girls a 14yr old and a 7yr old. Any suggestions on a nice,safe neighborhood with good schools. I really appreciate all the help. for I am a bit worried because I have read so much bad things about its areas gangs and stuff..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 01:21 AM

8,605 posts, read 14,891,340 times
There are too many variables to accurately pin down a range for your bill. House or apartment? When was the house constructed? How many square feet? How well insulated is the attic? How old is the AC system? What's your electrical rate? What do you plan to keep the thermostat set at?

We have a 3650 sq ft house and we keep the AC at 77-78. During the summer our actual usage is around $350-$400 a month, but because we have equalized billing our monthly bill is $184.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:01 AM

I see, were planing on renting and then once we see the areas buy a house. To start were not getting a newer house,because of the work change and the yrs you have to have in your job. Wow that is great to know,thats something I have to look into the place. Thank you so much.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:34 AM

269 posts, read 575,070 times
I'd also like to add that Texas has a deregulated electricity market, therefore you should shop around to find the best electric rates.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:09 AM

8,605 posts, read 14,891,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babs7907 View Post
I'd also like to add that Texas has a deregulated electricity market, therefore you should shop around to find the best electric rates.
Mostly deregulated. There are still co-ops (like CoServ) that don't participate in the deregulated marketplace. Ironically CoServ also has some of the lowest rates in the state.

Electric deregulation has largely been a bust for consumers and a boon for multi-billion dollar corporations like TXU/Luminant/Oncor/whatever they're calling themselves these days so they don't look like the vertical monopoly they are.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:05 PM

Thank you all for your advise/help.. Definitely helps a whole lot. I will sure look into all this..But now I have an Idea..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: