Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 06:27 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times

Advertisements

I think that for the years that Southlake Carroll has reaped such a great reputation for excellence, it really has a paucity of NMSF considering the students it serves...frankly I don' see that it is that academically rigorous based on a national test program like National Merit--
overwhelming majority of the Carroll grads are getting into a college and don't need scholarship money to pay for it--
I had friend who taught AP English for years and she said most of her students were not motivated to excel--
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 07:16 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,887,311 times
Quote:
Well, Carroll ISD is far more superior than Keller ISD, as all the schools in Southlake are exemplary
not really... in the area the OP is looking Hidden Lakes ALL the schools are Exemplary. Keller HS is also Exemplary just like carroll HS.
Hidden Lakes Elem, or shady Grove elem, Bear Creek Int and Keller MS and Keller HS.

Almost all schools in Keller ISD that are in the CITY of Keller are exemplary (just a couple are Recognised..Indian Springs MS is one)

Also since I live in Keller and drive all around I can tell that Bear Creek Pky is not super busy...yes peopl cut through it to avoid 1709 but since it's so disjointed (doesn't go straight from 377 to Davis you have to get on other streets to go through) It really isn't that bad... ALso since it cuts through Hidden lakes the MPH is 30 and STRICKLY enforced. Hidden Lakes has a HUGE and very active HOA...they got the city to redesign the fire house so it would be more aesthicaly pleasing etc....

Southlake is great, excellant schools etc... but you will get much more for you money in Keller. Just stay in the Keller HS zone and you will be fine.

NOW.... since you said you are working in Irving....
I will say look at Coppell and Grapevine/ Colleyville.

Coppell is fantastic with EXCELLANT schools etc... (but pretty small lots forthe $$$$) But your commute would be a BREEZE!

Grapevine and Colleyville are also closer to your job and will have a much better commute.

Getting into Irving right now from Keller/Southlake is kinda a pain.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:53 AM

269 posts, read 575,019 times
Quote:
TC is still in it's infancy compared to Southlake or Keller
that shows that someone does not know the history--
Ha, maybe "loves2read" needs some updating information as well considering he/she "knows" everything about life in the DFW metroplex!..

Quote:
Also since I live in Keller and drive all around I can tell that Bear Creek Pky is not super busy...yes peopl cut through it to avoid 1709 but since it's so disjointed (doesn't go straight from 377 to Davis you have to get on other streets to go through) It really isn't that bad... ALso since it cuts through Hidden lakes the MPH is 30 and STRICKLY enforced. Hidden Lakes has a HUGE and very active HOA...they got the city to redesign the fire house so it would be more aesthicaly pleasing etc....

Old 11-10-2010, 02:45 PM

the times I have been looking at houses in Keller area that borders Bear Creek Parkway it was busy...
we looked at several houses over 2 yrs we were looking and part of that time the street that it dead-ends into was under construction but people were still using Bear Creek--
I thought it was busy and on the weekends with people going to the golf course and to the park it would be busier--
we have a cat and we thought it had too much traffic to back up too because our cat is an outside cat...
currently we live in area in Hurst that is close to Precinct Line and Hwy 26--they are much busiers roads than Bear Creek at all hours but we are also further away from them than a house that backs up to Bear Creek Parkway...
the only way to decide if there is "too much" traffic for you in a house that close is to go there at different times of the day/night and just park and listen to the noise..
remember that inside the house, street noise is drastically reduced--so it would be most apparent when someone was outside in backyard or maybe in the times of the year--like now--when windows would be open...
our lot has more noise than our previous house but it has great privacy because we have nothing behind us but trees...and privacy from the overlook of other houses was the hardest thing to find when we were looking for a new house...

and my comment about not knowing history was about the growth of construction in those areas...

Old 11-16-2010, 07:53 AM

4 posts, read 27,190 times
Thanks to all of your great input! We have chosen Trophy Club and are closing on a beautiful spec home by end of year. Schools are exemplary and new high school. I agree with the comment above that "schools are only as good as the parents who are involved with their kids' education." As I said, we are quite comfortable in a planned community and believe that TC offers everything we need. Love these forums! Keep up the good work as you help us all familarize us with the area. Looking forward to being a Texan!

Old 11-16-2010, 09:31 AM

two places to check out in the Southlake area--
there is great place for hamburgers off 1709and 114 in Southlake--Kincaids--
don't let anyone tell you that 5 Guys is better

and decent place for BBQ on S White Chappel--called The Feedstore--since that is what it evolved from

Old 11-16-2010, 11:31 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,887,311 times
Twistedroot in Roanoak has the best bugers around. (and ALOT closer to TC!)

Glad you found a place, TC is very nice.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:36 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Who's your builder ? Be sure and have an outside Inspection the day before you do your 1st walk through. Your agent can guide you with this.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:29 AM

4 posts, read 27,190 times
Builder is First Texas Homes. Reputation? Will definitely do the inspection. Thanks again

Old 11-18-2010, 05:30 PM

had not heard of the Twisted Root shop--looked it up--might be worth a trip
thanks for the heads up...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth