U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of Downtown FW?
Needs more, taller buildings and projects. 11 78.57%
Needs more dense skyline. Height doesn't matter. 1 7.14%
Leave the skyline the way it is. Redesign a few towers, maybe. 0 0%
Work on more street level projects and retail. 1 7.14%
Dosen't matter. Worry about other city issues. 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 08:39 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

12,895 posts, read 18,402,938 times

Advertisements

If you live here in Fort Worth you will notice that this city has a small town image, partially because of our small city skyline. Our skyline has virtually looked the same for years, and while smaller cities like Miami and Atlanta, are building up by the second, were stuck with cancelled projects, parking lots, and two towers that are under 40 stories.

Wow! Two towers under 40 stories. That defenatly changes the skyline!

Saddly, I'm not being sarcastic here.
I love our downtown, don't get me wrong. With Sundance Square, the upcoming Trinity River Vision, the new TCC campus with a new town plaza, the Water Gardens and tree lined streets... We have a great downtown.
But it's just not big... AT ALL. We only have 6 (soon to be 7) real skyscrapers and plenty of land, and more land to come. What's wrong with puting up about 8 more towers? (BTW those towers have to be 50 stories+)

It's not all that big of a deal, but a skyline lover like me wants to see the 18th largest city in the country LOOK like the 18th largest city in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 01:38 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

12,895 posts, read 18,402,938 times
Oh, something else I wanted to mention....

I don't have to tell you that we have the most plain city hall in the world. Why not move it to the old post office (as it's proposed) and get rid of the current city hall, replace it with a new (TALL) office building... with retail shops.

And while were at it, could we get a new AT&T tower and demolish the ugly brown one we have now? Too much to ask?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or