U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 11:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,225 times

Advertisements

Dear Minafair,
Oil and Gas are king in Fort Worth, where once it was cattle. We Welcome you to come and love Fort Worth as we do. Areas that attract large numbers for good schools. Aledo just west of Ft. Worth, plenty of land there. The smaller school Districts are going to be the best ones. Versus Private school. I''ve lived here 54 years, so if you need a referral, ask. I'm sure it will be similiar to where you are now. Sept through Dec it's cool here, our coldest weather is last 3 weeks of Jan, right during the Rodeo. Then spring, and Hot Summers, not so hot last year, but before its been hot. Plenty of work here. You name it, it's here to do. Fort Worth is a Art lovers Town. Museums galore, from the Kimbell to the new Modern Art. After you have been here a year, you will never leave.
Sincerely,
vernon48
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,505 times
Great responses!Schools(education)are scoring high percentages. I compared,with 4 children.My wife has 3 classes remaining in college and they're not available at night(works full time). TCC(fort worth) the classes are available and there is NO wait for the RN program!Children adapt,absorb,and grow to their surroundings faster than we know.I spoke with my children and(ages 3,4,11,13)they cant wait to see California out the back window.haha We are lucky and have grandpa established in FW,so its a little more piece of mind.Besides that,all of our family is here within a 100 mile radius.Im scared of change,its natural.BUT,cheaper housing,better education,welcoming Texans,lakes,employment enticement,BBQs,slower pace of life(if it doesn't already go fast enough) is more than enough for our family. We had plans to fly out there,but picking up the phone and calling the schools and turning on the computer to do a little homework,,"this is a Dirk Nowitzki Slam Dunk" See you Texans in 33days..

Old 05-26-2013, 04:21 PM

7 posts, read 9,963 times
In Ft Worth and Arlington, they have mini refineries in the neighborhoods drilling for natural gas...toxins R us...donít move here!!!! Here is a video of the invisible emissions...
Lake Arlington Natural Gas Storage Tanks Infrared FLIR camera reveals toxins constantly spewing - YouTube

Old 09-29-2016, 02:00 PM

2 posts, read 1,188 times
Hi, I am interesting in moving to your state, city (Forth Worth) from California, I am retiring and I would like some history about your city?

Old 09-29-2016, 02:06 PM

2 posts, read 1,188 times
Hello, I am interesting in moving to your city for retirement, please send me history of your city as it is in the year 2016, Is it race tolerant? can a person live anywhere in your city? I live in California and I am looking for a retirement state. Please send me your honest opinion about your city. I have not lived down south, I would like to know if it still has it Segregated areas?

Old 10-04-2016, 10:26 AM

5 posts, read 2,903 times
We adore Fort Worth Area!! As a child, I grew up in Ohio, Japan, North Carolina and then moved to TX in 8th grade. I remember the day my Dad told me we were leaving the beach (Wilmington area) to come to Texas (the only thing I could think about was cowboy country...) I was not happy! However, once we got here, I learned real quickly that I was going to learn a lot more in the school my parents put me in. I was not in a good school in N.C. As an adult, I appreciate the kindness, and the "community feel" that Texans provide. The further west you go, the deeper into the country you go. I lived in the Dallas area from 8th grade until I had kiddos. Then, we decided to move west of Ft. Worth and for our family, we could not have made a better decision!

Fort Worth offers such neat history with so much to do!

Regarding water restrictions, you will have those if you are on city water. If you are on well, you do not (although we are not wasteful).

Old 10-04-2016, 08:07 PM

1,034 posts, read 554,244 times
A few years ago I visited a close friend in the Boston area. She lived in a historic town famous for it's role in the American Revolution and known for being a bastion of liberalism. The people were friendly and the town was quaint and lovely. During my time there though I thought something seemed off but I couldn't put my finger on it until I saw an African American man walking down the street. I then realized that he was the first minority person I had seen since I arrived in that town. I am a DFW native and grew up attending diverse schools and living in diverse neighborhoods. There are some areas of town that are commercial and cultural hubs for different cultures such as the Indian community in Irving and Little China in Richardson but as a whole the residents don't self segregate into different neighborhoods. There are exceptions such as South Dallas. The segregation falls more along socio-economic lines than along ethnic lines.

I am half of a biracial couple (Caucasian and Asian Indian). We haven't had any issues and our sons haven't either.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:22 PM

3,207 posts, read 1,486,941 times
Why Fort Worth? My husband and I have a nice, affordable house in a safe, very quiet neighborhood, there is always something going on, such as the Dean & Deluca NIT, live music of all kinds, museums, festivals, shows, etc.

I can't wait until I retire....ah. live music during the week - no getting up for work.

Old 10-12-2016, 01:40 PM

367 posts, read 681,938 times
Fort Worth is big enough, but not too big.

You have everything you want in a city but not so much of it that you can't choose to live a quieter life within a reasonable driving distance of big-city amenities.

Lots of jobs, a diverse economy, a stable cost of living (that's very reasonable)...

It's a nice place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or