U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 08:59 AM

5,412 posts, read 14,042,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by debntx View Post
I'm been told there are some good resturants in Southlake, beowulf.
I've recently heard of an Indian resturant there that I was told is delish. Southlake Towne Center has Trulucks and Brios which I haven't tried and also a Cheesecake factory. A movie theatre and Barnes and Noble are also there as well as lots of little stores and a beautiful park like setting with fountains and shaded benches in the middle. Nice area. Oh and I haven't looked for them yet, but suppose to be some big beautiful homes in Southlake as well. Castle looking archtechture I believe?? Expen$ive place to live

If you find out where Highland Park is exactly, post and lemme know, would ya? lol
I'll have to check out Southlake a little more, maybe the next time I take a trip back from the airport.

Yes, I'll let you know if I find out where Highland Park is. I thought Plano was a pretty wealthy city, but apparently not enough to make that list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 09:55 AM

3,855 posts, read 11,461,611 times
Highland Park is just north of Downtown Dallas. I was there a few years ago for an Alumni gathering. It seemed to be a pretty nice area.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:11 AM

5,412 posts, read 14,042,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
Highland Park is just north of Downtown Dallas. I was there a few years ago for an Alumni gathering. It seemed to be a pretty nice area.
Yes, you're right. I also searched for it on Google Maps before I read your post. Southlake is also shown here.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:54 PM

184 posts, read 785,807 times
Quote:
The way you said this makes it sound like you live outside of the metroplex or did I just interpret that wrong?

Old 07-20-2007, 09:03 PM

184 posts, read 785,807 times
Based on the comments on the other money mag thread, It got me to thinking about the two lists I first posted here.
It seems to be some dismiss the ranking of the small towns on the "Best Places To Live" list or seem to think the list is flawed or just not true.
I wonder.... does that mean they also don't believe that Highland Park and Southlake are *really* top earning towns as listed?
Marketing ploy perhaps, as was suggested about the other list??

Old 07-20-2007, 09:18 PM

87 posts, read 348,093 times
Highland Park boast some of the wealthiest people in Texas. The average home in HP is about 1 million dollars and above. It's truly an oasis in the middle of Dallas.

HP also has it's own school district which is also one of the best in the state. This makes it a desirable place to live, if one can afford it.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:34 AM

2,639 posts, read 2,306,129 times
Quote:
MONEY mags rankings

Already a thread about this.
There are already several different (but similar threads) about every subject of which one can imagine, but since this forum is full of threads, it isn't always easy to find such. I know I don't spend oodles of time searching for the subject about which I'm about to start a thread. Therefore, more than one thread with the same topic is really not a problem for most; it happens all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth