Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 01:35 PM

7 posts, read 13,742 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 07:25 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,535,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
There is a much different vibe in Valley Ranch than Hurst. Valley Ranch is new, pristine, has great canals running through and many apartments have water views and access to great walking trails. The Campion Trail now extends directly from Valley Ranch all the way to urban Las Colinas; its a fabulous bike ride or run. Valley Ranch has great walkability to shops. It is only a matter of 15-20 minutes to zip into Dallas....... Living in an "apartment in a mid-cities suburb" is not what VR is about and the poster who wrote that has never been to VR obviously.
I've lived here my whole life and have been there many times. Valley Ranch certainly feels shinier and newer than Hurst, but there's really nothing you can do in VR that you can't do in Hurst. Yes, it has nicer trails/nature. But it's got the same generic chain restaurants/entertainment you can find anywhere in the metroplex, including Hurst. I wouldn't exactly call 80% of Valley Ranch "walkable" either.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:42 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, I will definitely check those out. From my initial search, I do agree Hurst area appears to have much older apartments than Valley Ranch. I like the locality of the apartment in Valley Ranch, it has barely any crime and I love the fact it is near walking trails. But if the commute is really 45 minutes, I think I may have to take a trip to look at apartments closer to Hurst.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:25 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
The trip should not be anywhere near 45 minutes. I make it on a regular basis from near VR and 20-30 minutes should be your max. Maybe on a bad day it might take longer but not normally.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:39 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
when construction moves down 121 onto 183 it will take longer

Old 02-05-2011, 06:46 PM

Can anyone tell me what fun but free stuff there is to do in Hurst? I liked the fact that in Valley Ranch there are canals everywhere to walk on and a bike trail in Campion Trails. I saw 1 park near Fossil Creek in north Fort Worth, is there anything else?

Old 02-05-2011, 08:54 PM

11,856 posts, read 26,876,979 times
Hurst city website:
Welcome to the Official City of Hurst, Texas Website

Hurst-Euless-Bedford Chamber of Commerce website:
HEB Chamber of Commerce

Hurst has Northeast mall, which is HUGE and has a bunch of restaurants surrounding it.
North East Mall - Hurst, TX 76053 | Simon Malls

Colleyville also has a lot of shopping in its Village. I believe there are also some apartmetns nearby, too.
Village at Colleyville, TX

Old 02-05-2011, 09:01 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Hurst Recreation Department (http://www.ci.hurst.tx.us/Departments/Recreation/ - broken link)
Hurst has Chisolm Park with nice swimming pool, some youth fields, picnic areas, duck pond with fishing allowed
it also has softball complex with adult rec and youth baseball/softball/soccer
and an indoor city rec center that has lots of classes for adults and children

it is close to NRHills and Bedford which also have city parks, jogging trails, athletic fields...
NRHills has extensive bike trail and is constructing more
Bedford has an outdoor rink for roller derby, a water park smaller than the one at NRH2O in NRHills but larger than the one at Mary Park in Hurst

but there is not any place like the canals in Las Colinas for strolling...

Old 02-06-2011, 01:10 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Irving is fairly large and spread out--
would you be coming from the Las Colinas area to Hurst?
North of 183 or more south--like around Hwy 10

that is technically going against traffic--coming down 114 to 121 into 183 west would be the way if you are coming from Las Colinas area
the 114/121 area in Grapevine is in bad shape right now--under construction to widen/add lanes--
bad striping and poor lighting makes driving in the dark in heavy traffic pretty nerve=wracking

the 121 into 183 stretch is going to be under construction within 6 mo and will last for year or more--they are widening 181/121 through the MidCities and adding TOLL BOOTHS--not something to make drivers happy but there it is---

there are some surface roads that drivers use to avoid some of the freeways--
you can use 360 north of the airport to get to 183 or Hwy 10 if you are in south Hurst

CheekSparger road is two lane E/W that gets ton of traffic going east in AM and west in PM so if you are going opposite directions would be less crazy

Trust what L2R says. Most of her comments are spot on for this area.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:12 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
Hurst is a great area. We live in North Richland Hills and love it here. There are plenty of parks around this area to run, walk the dogs, and there's a dog park in NRH that is excellent. If it were my choice, I'd live close to work and you can't really go wrong in this area. But that's my opinion FWIW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth