Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 11:38 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times

Advertisements

And yes, Sundance had WELL UNDER the number of people expected, but it still had PEOPLE THERE.

I think today, with the snow and ice melting, people will try to at least make up for half of that. I know I will.

I've been back up here since Thrusday, dammit. And I need to help my city shine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2011, 01:26 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
When one can't walk one block without taking a chance on slipping and falling, the distance between Dallas and Fort Worth becomes academic. Under the usual weather conditions, it wouldn't have mattered.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:33 PM

211 posts, read 495,090 times
I heard on ESPN radio this afternoon that it was like Bourbon Street in Sundance Square today. Everybody was having a great time, and the media was singing Fort Worth's praises. They couldn't keep the beer tents stocked.

I'm so sorry it couldn't have been like that every day, but I guarantee every visitor will take away great memories from this Super Bowl in NORTH TEXAS!

Old 02-05-2011, 06:53 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsFW View Post
Really? I could have sworn I've ridden rail transit in FW called the TRE. Was that just my imagination?
The TRE?? Seriously? I'm talking about light rail or streetcars, to help move around the core of FW better. FW has none of that and rejected it actually. LMAO...the TRE....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Uh, no.

Trust me, there's a reason why Sundance was chosen over the Dallas locations, and it's because of foot traffic and the "cowboy/western" theme. Not because of some under handed scheme. The same people who scouted Sundance Square scouted the sites in Dallas as well.

I've seen the Dan Patrick show which was around Victory Park.... didn't see a soul.
No, Fort Worth was chosen because city leaders went behind the North Texas bid committee's back and courted ESPN themselves. Dallas has plenty of foot traffic going on now, and the core of Dallas is more accessible due to the light rail lines (something I thought was obvious, but someone tried to bring up the TRE...LMAO). ESPN went WFAA style and only showed the front row of the crowd because there were only like three total rows. Dallas wasn't alone in the emptiness. TBH, there has been more foot traffic in Dallas than in Fort Worth during this week, until today obviously.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:58 PM

211 posts, read 495,090 times
It appears to me that Scarface has his/her own agenda and/or some sort of axe to grind. I'm not going to argue.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
It appears to me that Scarface has his/her own agenda and/or some sort of axe to grind. I'm not going to argue.
No axe to grind. Just surprised you threw in the TRE. I'm talking about transit to move people around FW, not commuter rail between Dallas and FW. I feel sorry for the FW residents because they actually wanted it, and it would be cool if Arlington could become a member city of the T, but that's not going to happen, especially now.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:40 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
The TRE?? Seriously? I'm talking about light rail or streetcars, to help move around the core of FW better. FW has none of that and rejected it actually. LMAO...the TRE....

No, Fort Worth was chosen because city leaders went behind the North Texas bid committee's back and courted ESPN themselves. Dallas has plenty of foot traffic going on now, and the core of Dallas is more accessible due to the light rail lines (something I thought was obvious, but someone tried to bring up the TRE...LMAO). ESPN went WFAA style and only showed the front row of the crowd because there were only like three total rows. Dallas wasn't alone in the emptiness. TBH, there has been more foot traffic in Dallas than in Fort Worth during this week, until today obviously.
There were plenty (and I mean PLENTY) of people out by then. My whole life, all the times I've been to downtown, I've never seen it THAT packed before. Everyone seemed fine with no rail, even though we still need it. BTW, you're starting to sound like a Dallasite here. Fort Worth was chosen because of what you see and hear about Downtown FW. And I'm stickin' by that...

That said, I don't think downtown Fort Worth was built for THAT many people. I don't, maybe it was just the stages and everything, but it really did seem like Sundance Square was, for lack of better words, overwelmed. I guess I'm only saying it because I've never seen Sundance THAT packed before.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:16 AM

85 posts, read 173,671 times
Quote:
I'm so sorry it couldn't have been like that every day, but I guarantee every visitor will take away great memories from this Super Bowl in NORTH TEXAS!
Well, not every visitor. :-)

Super Bowl notebook: NFL, Jerry Jones drop ball on temporary seating | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Old 02-07-2011, 08:53 AM

162 posts, read 539,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Just think if Fort Worth had rail. It would be much easier to go to Sundance Square. I think ESPN will choose differently if North Texas hosts another Super Bowl again. If ESPN had chosen Victory Park, they'd be near rail lines and people could access them easier. Blame the weather, but some of the blame can be put on Fort Worth for not having any rail transit.
Hmmm... I guess the TRE doesn't count as rail transit. Don't get on someone's case for pointing out that your original post was incorrect.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHen View Post
Hmmm... I guess the TRE doesn't count as rail transit. Don't get on someone's case for pointing out that your original post was incorrect.
So, how does one move around Fort Worth when they get off the TRE? You have the bus, but those are inconsistent. At least in Dallas you have DART once you get off the TRE. That's what I'm saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth