U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2007, 08:22 AM

5,412 posts, read 14,044,714 times

Advertisements

Someone recently asked about furniture stores, which reminded me to ask about local rug stores. I went to the Rug Company near Central Market off Hulen St. in FW. However, they're just a wee bit out of my price range. Can someone recommend other rug stores in this area? I'm looking for an 8' x 10' or 8' x 11' area rug that's modestly priced that looks good. I hear advertisements of "The Dump" all the time, but they're way out in Dallas, which is a hike. I've also looked on-line, but I'd prefer to by from a store so that I can see and touch what I'd be buying. TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 10:32 AM

1,379 posts, read 5,812,361 times
I thought I read where you travel a lot of the airport and I think we live relatively close. We do too and that is when we have gone to The Dump and hit Frye's while we are at it . It is maybe five minutes max from the North side of DFW on 635.

The Dump has a whole rug section that is really big and priced very well. They do have some very expensive rugs, but I was surprised that they had very reasonable ones too. There you would (and I am just guessing from what I was looking at) find something like you are looking at for about 200.00 for something not with silk in it.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guingirl View Post
I thought I read where you travel a lot of the airport and I think we live relatively close. We do too and that is when we have gone to The Dump and hit Frye's while we are at it . It is maybe five minutes max from the North side of DFW on 635.

The Dump has a whole rug section that is really big and priced very well. They do have some very expensive rugs, but I was surprised that they had very reasonable ones too. There you would (and I am just guessing from what I was looking at) find something like you are looking at for about 200.00 for something not with silk in it.
Thanks for the suggestion; I'll check out The Dump's Web site to find their locations. I do plan on going to the airport in early Aug., so if my trip returns early enough, I'll take go to The Dump to take a look. $200 would be great but I'd be willing to go twice that for a decent area rug. When I went to the Rug Comp., a nice rug (that would have to be ordered w/ my preferred colors) was quoted at $1,800!

Old 07-23-2007, 12:44 PM

1,379 posts, read 5,812,361 times
You will definately find a lot to choose from in that price range. I can't wait until my house is finished and I can start shopping!!

Old 07-23-2007, 03:49 PM

142 posts, read 359,494 times
I second the rug selection at the Dump....decent prices also......

Old 07-23-2007, 11:15 PM

I'll have to check out The Dump one of these days; probably in early Aug. I've also been looking at EBay for new area rugs. They're prices, for the most part, are great.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:55 PM

3 posts, read 38,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Someone recently asked about furniture stores, which reminded me to ask about local rug stores. I went to the Rug Company near Central Market off Hulen St. in FW. However, they're just a wee bit out of my price range. Can someone recommend other rug stores in this area? I'm looking for an 8' x 10' or 8' x 11' area rug that's modestly priced that looks good. I hear advertisements of "The Dump" all the time, but they're way out in Dallas, which is a hike. I've also looked on-line, but I'd prefer to by from a store so that I can see and touch what I'd be buying. TIA.
I was recently at The Rug Company in Fort Worth. My friend bought a 8X10 all wool and handmade for 550.00 and the service was great. They delivered it to her house for her to see at no charge. I highly recomend The Rug Company in Fort Worth.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remik View Post
I was recently at The Rug Company in Fort Worth. My friend bought a 8X10 all wool and handmade for 550.00 and the service was great. They delivered it to her house for her to see at no charge. I highly recomend The Rug Company in Fort Worth.
Thanks. I went there this past Sat. However, an 8' x 10' rug I liked was quoted at $1,800. After I picked myself off the floor, I thanked the salesman and walked out.

On EBay, they're selling rugs that size for under $100 (before shipping) that look pretty decent. The sellers have 99+% feedback rating. So I'm strongly leaning that route. But I'll probably first check out The Dump early next month if return from the airport early enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or