Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Moving to Fort Worth, Texas, First Texas homes in Summer Creek South, family oriented neighborhood, Baylor Medical Center nursing opportunities for RN

Old 07-30-2007, 07:20 AM

9 posts, read 49,091 times

Advertisements

I would like to move to Fort Worth with my 2 children. I really like First Texas homes in Summer Creek South. I have been reading a mixture of good and bad things. I would love to speak to someone in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 09:35 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,266,248 times
I'm close to that area and I drive through there often. So what is it you like about the place? What attracts you to this area?

Old 07-30-2007, 10:09 AM

9 posts, read 49,091 times
I would like to be in a family oriented area. My cousin lives about 5 minutes away with her family. I also was told that Crowley ISD is a good school district. The house prices are more reasonable then some of the other places I looked. I plan on working at a hospital in Fort Worth probably Baylor. I have heard from other people posting that there is a lot of crime. Can you tell me the pros and cons.

Old 07-30-2007, 11:24 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,266,248 times
OK after hearing why you'd like to move there it makes sense.

You'll be very close to work (Baylor on Oakmont & Bryant Irvin...Harris SW is there too...lots of developement in that hospital right now)

Prices ARE relatively reasonable for what you get in this area.

I mapped the exact part of the area where you're moving. Ok I can tell you this is a pretty nice part of the area.

But it isn't far removed from the ghetto that resides south of Risinger, East of Hulen, and West of McCart. This is the Fox Creek neighborhood. 5 Years ago it may not have been a bad place to live but now it's like it's done a complete 180. This is the neighborhood where they found my wife's car after it was stolen from our driveway. It's just a crime ridden neighborhood. It wouldn't be too bad if these criminals just stayed there but they don't. They filter out into our neighborhood and others....even the one you're looking at but it's probably not nearly as bad there.

I think your kids (don't know how old they are) will probably go to the Dallas Park Elementry School and the new 5-6th grade Sue Crouch school they just built off of summer creek. These are going to be good schools because they will not have the gangsters' children from the above neighborhood I just mentioned....they go to my kids' school. I live in the Garden Springs neighborhood. It was pretty promising when we moved in 4 years ago. But it hasn't taken long for the bad element to filter into it. My kids' elementry/5-6th grade school is Jackie Carden.

But one thing we'll have in common is that all kids in the North Crowley school district will eventually funnel through the Jr High and High school. This is where the gang bangers and the good kids will get to hold hands....aint it great? I hope I'm not here to see it happen to our kids.

I honestly don't know what to tell you to do. You've heard from many how good the Crowley School system is (just like we did before we decided to move where we did). I won't say they are a bad school system because our kids have had good teachers so far that really care about them but it's just that there are other kids in class with them that are questionable and get more so as time goes on. I just hope they don't dumb down course work to help some of *those* kids.

I hope I haven't offended. This is just how I and some of my neighbors are seeing things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: