Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 05:39 PM

3 posts, read 3,496 times

Advertisements

Hey yall,

I will be graduating this may from the University of South Carolina and have taken a job with my first 8 month rotation being in Hurst. I have done some research and am leaning towards living in Forth Worth to be near other young professionals, nightlife, restaurants, etc.

Through what I have come across (a lot of which was found from searching this forum) I have identified a couple potential apartments that from what I can tell seem quite nice and put me in the city. (Firestone Upper West Side Apartments, The Lofts at West 7th, AMLI Upper West Side, Lincoln Park at Trinity Bluff)

Price range for most of the nicer looking places (1 bed, 1 bath) comes in between $800-$1000 so I feel like that is what I will be looking at to live in the city.

I am interested to know if anyone has any feedback on any of these complexes, or others that I should take a look it. If not, what are some of the areas of Forth Worth that are worth taking a look at both for entertainment and apartments?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 07:47 PM

690 posts, read 1,728,457 times
Good Luck to you and Welcome to Texas.

Within the proximity of your employer; there are plenty of affordable apartments
with varying price ranges. Since you have selected that you would like an area with
a nightlife. The apartments you have selected would be a good choice.
There are plenty of restaurants, museums, and entertainment areas nearby.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:52 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
We had people moving from LA to work at FTW office where my husband works--they looked at the Firestone Apts--great location for his job in Sundance Sq or for just being close to Sundance amenities but they thought the walls were very thin when they were going through them--lots of noise passthrough

if your job is 8 mo--you might want to check out Craigs lst for sublets or see if there is condo that you might be able to rent
the So 7 area across the river by old Montgomery Ward gentrification is going great guns--there are some areas by the Museum district

the trafffic from FTW to Hurst will be more congested than you might think--will probably take you 25 min or so each way==
we live in Hurst and husband drives 183 each day

there are some nice apts in Bedford and NRHills that are close to 183 access but it is more suburban style of living--although there are plenty of singles out this way

Old 04-11-2011, 09:59 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,677,759 times
You might get better traffic pattern for driving to work if you live in Las Colinas, which is the trendy part of Irving.....where many, many young professionals live. And on wkends, you would be very close to Dallas for great times. You can find great apartments on the canals or Lake Carolyn. Look on craigslist or google.

Visit Beautiful Las Colinas in Irving Texas

Old 04-11-2011, 12:57 PM

NO!!! the drive from Las Colinas would not be a better traffic pattern--
look at a map--fairly easy to see it is a longer drive and would have more traffic

Old 04-11-2011, 03:01 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,755,733 times
If you live in downtown FW, it is what, about 11 or 12 miles to Hurst? I would think that traffic would be in your favor since you would be going in the opposite direction. Alot of people would be coming to FW for work going westbound in the morning, eastbound in the afternoon, which is opposite for you. If you only have an 8 month rotation, I would definitely live in FW close to the amenities and other criteria you are looking for. FW has changed SO much since I was in college (for the better). I only wish FW was that way when I was at TCU.

Last edited by txtoal; 04-11-2011 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-11-2011, 03:37 PM

11,852 posts, read 26,850,435 times
The traffic from downtown to 121 won't be bad, but from there along 183 to whereever in Hurst, it will be a parking lot. Many people from the mid-cities commute into Dallas using 183, and it is jammed eastbound in the mornings.

Personally, I would look at the Hometown area of NRH. These are the urban style apartments with retail on the first floor and apartments above. Yes, it is suburbia, but since you will only be there 8 months, that will be a lot better than having a long, congested drive every morning.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:17 PM

you can use Hwy 26/Belknap to come out of downtown into Hurst--especially north part by TCC
my husband uses it to go downtown when there is bad weather sometimes--not a bad drive--

and the merge by NE Mall is one of the slowdown points on 183--there are ways to bypass that if you are going into Hurst--so you can get off before the worst of the congestion starts--but there are many people who use it to get to Irving/Arlington/Dallas jobs

and yes--the new construction around NRHills off 26 is nice and there are several local restaurants in there--a Krogers--the NRHills library is close by--
so there are good things to recommend about it

Old 04-11-2011, 04:33 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,677,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
NO!!! the drive from Las Colinas would not be a better traffic pattern--
look at a map--fairly easy to see it is a longer drive and would have more traffic
I just did a google map from my address in Las Colinas to Bell Helicopter in Hurst. 11.8 miles They are one of my clients and it takes me about 15-20 minutes to get to them. I go west on 183 to Hwy 10, then west. Driving from Las Colinas to Hurst is against traffic and I am certain is a very viable option BECAUSE I DO IT REGULARLY.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:25 PM

but Bell is not what I consider HURST because it is very south of most traffic---and Yes--Hwy 10 is light for commuter traffic most of the time because fewer people are going to that one destination than all the people going to points east of Hurst--

How do you get to 183/Hwy 10 from Las Colinas--the Bush to 183?==that is easy commute--
You can't get to Hwy 10 from 183 itself unless you use a connecting road of some kind
if you were using 114 through Grapevine that is not go great especially with all the construction making things tight

I guess the OP's actual work site can make a difference
If he were working on 183 around the Mall or the new Toll Rd office then I still think it would be better commute from FTW than Irving
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth