Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 12:55 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,079,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtoal View Post
I can't wait till the HEB is done in Granbury. It is a big one like the new one in Burleson. I believe that the one in Granbury will be the closest to FW, especially for those people on the west/southwest side of FW.
Yes, HEB in San Antonio was wonderful. But I'm having trouble wrapping my head around Granbury being closer than Burleson!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 01:24 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,735,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Yes, HEB in San Antonio was wonderful. But I'm having trouble wrapping my head around Granbury being closer than Burleson!

Actually you are right, it's not. I'm sorry, I should have clarified, I meant for people in sw FW/Benbrook/820/20W it is closer to go to Granbury than going to Burleson. It you live on 35N or east FW or downtown FW, it would of course be quicker to go to the one in Burleson. I guess it is a good thing that they are building it on the east side of Granbury on 377 because you don't have to go through all the lights if you come from any of the areas I mentioned. That will help. But, for me, I have to go through all the lights.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:54 AM

13,673 posts, read 8,936,792 times
One advantage, I guess, of going to the Tom Thumb's at I-20 / Bryant Road is that if you get one of their frequent customer cards, and spend more than $50.00 in groceries, you can amble over to the gas station they have and get 10 cents off per gallon (you insert your Tom Thumb card into the reader to get the discount).

Unfortunately, I shop at the Tom Thumb's on Camp Bowie, which has no gas station, but every time I go there the cashier will brightly say "You can get 10 cents off a gallon at any Tom Thumb gas station!". Except that it is a pretty good drive for me to get to Bryant Irving.

One of the best restaurants in Fort Worth is at Bryant Irving and I-20 (on the north side of 20): Bonnells. Unfortunately, the current street construction is killing them.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:56 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,648,939 times
Food Lion, Piggly Wiggly, Safeway, and Kroger

Old 04-22-2011, 01:33 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,735,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
One advantage, I guess, of going to the Tom Thumb's at I-20 / Bryant Road is that if you get one of their frequent customer cards, and spend more than $50.00 in groceries, you can amble over to the gas station they have and get 10 cents off per gallon (you insert your Tom Thumb card into the reader to get the discount).

Unfortunately, I shop at the Tom Thumb's on Camp Bowie, which has no gas station, but every time I go there the cashier will brightly say "You can get 10 cents off a gallon at any Tom Thumb gas station!". Except that it is a pretty good drive for me to get to Bryant Irving.

One of the best restaurants in Fort Worth is at Bryant Irving and I-20 (on the north side of 20): Bonnells. Unfortunately, the current street construction is killing them.
I ate at Bonnells not too long ago and I can't believe I had never even heard of it before. It was awesome. The food is so good. When we went, I remember thinking, "I had no idea this was a restaurant here." I must have passed it hundreds of times. I hope the construction doesn't do them in. When we went, it was pretty much empty on a weekend night. Not good.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:53 PM

168 posts, read 612,673 times
Ohhhh, thanks for the restaurant recommendation!

Old 04-27-2011, 01:02 AM

20 posts, read 48,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Food Lion, Piggly Wiggly, Safeway, and Kroger
Huh? Kroger is still around. Safeway owns Tom Thumb. Food Lion and Piggly Wiggly left this market many years ago. Food Lion was OK and always clean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth