Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 12:46 PM

1,515 posts, read 2,274,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggers View Post
Hmmmm....I'm moving there in July and was just visiting for 4 days. I thought the drivers were just so polite.

However, this is coming from someone who lives in Miami where it feels like you're driving in a war zone! If you put a blinker on that just means that someone speeds up to prevent you from getting in front of them. When a light turns red at least 3-5 people run the red light (without fail). Stop signs are just there for decoration. Speed limits mean nothing.

No blinkers? I'll live with that!
Same here. Coming from NJ where people tail gate, honk at you if there is the slightest delay, I found driving in DFW area more laid back. Just the other day, I was almost run off the road by a BMW who came up behind me doing 60 in a 25 mile an hour zone. Passed, sharply cut in front of me, then flipped me off before speeding up to do the same thing to another driver. Wish that I got her license plate but I was still in a state of shock. Sadly enough, this isn't the first time this has happened.

Probably not as bad as Miami but still pretty bad around here, hehe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 04:58 AM

168 posts, read 614,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal2814 View Post
It's all relative to what you're familiar with. To me, DFW is pretty laid back. I'm still getting used to drivers actually letting you in when you signal in DFW. Compared to Atlanta drivers, I'm pretty laid back. I only go 10-15MPH over. I keep to the right when possible. I don't intentionally jam someone trying to get over. But I'll pass with impunity and like to get where I'm going. Here in DFW, that makes me fairly aggressive. I don't miss Atlanta traffic but sometimes you'd find yourself going 80MPH bumper-to-bumper there and I do miss that part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linmora View Post
Same here. Coming from NJ where people tail gate, honk at you if there is the slightest delay, I found driving in DFW area more laid back. Just the other day, I was almost run off the road by a BMW who came up behind me doing 60 in a 25 mile an hour zone. Passed, sharply cut in front of me, then flipped me off before speeding up to do the same thing to another driver. Wish that I got her license plate but I was still in a state of shock. Sadly enough, this isn't the first time this has happened.

Probably not as bad as Miami but still pretty bad around here, hehe.
It really is all relative. People here in Miami think traffic is congested....but I used to commute in the Bay Area, which is 10x worse!

But yes, I found the drivers in DFW to be pretty courteous. In Miami, I've experienced everything both Hal and Linmora have described.

I consider it a great day when I don't "almost get into an accident" due to another drivers incompetence.

However, I suspect that I will quickly adapt to DFW drivers and start to ***** and moan eventually :-)

Old 05-05-2011, 05:19 AM

3 posts, read 2,516 times
Easy answer: Physics isn't a part of the required high school curriculum.

The best example? Anytime it snows and the roads freeze (don't even get me started about the dropped tailgate phenomenon)

Cheers,
Some motorcyclist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth