U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 04:04 AM

11,878 posts, read 32,921,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisies76 View Post
Thanks for the ideas!! Will anyone be willing to tell me an approx amt pf what you pay for this? I like the bundle idea, internet, cable, even phone... I just have no idea what the pricing is out there.

Thanks!!
We have the AT&T U-verse package that runs $74.95 per month and that includes 190 channels, a DVR with 120 hours of storage, and 1.5 meg DSL. For 79.95 (5 dollars more), we can get 10 more channels and 3 meg DSL. I hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 02:57 AM

301 posts, read 944,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
We have the AT&T U-verse package that runs $74.95 per month and that includes 190 channels, a DVR with 120 hours of storage, and 1.5 meg DSL. For 79.95 (5 dollars more), we can get 10 more channels and 3 meg DSL. I hope this helps.
Yes it does help, thank you!!!

Old 08-09-2007, 11:06 AM

62 posts, read 260,053 times
Whatever you do, avoid Time Warner/RoadRunner like the plague!

After signing up for their internet and cable TV package we were told it would be a three week wait but being patient types we decided it was fine to wait. After three weeks our install date came, we waited in our 4 hour window as instructed. Never having received any type of confirmation phone call we decided to call TW when our window past with no install.
They said we were still on the list but it would be the later 4 hour window.
So we waited, no phone calls nothing until at 10:30 pm a sub contractor for TW called me and said my installer person had been terminated!
Would I like to be set up for the following day and they'll try to fit me in? She said if I waited for TW to come out themselves it would be another two week wait! Hehe No! I sure wouldn't

When I lived in Fort Worth I used to think Charter was the worst ran company in the US, now I think they have some competition.

I wonder if the city council members that get all the kickbacks for choosing these companies realize how little they care about customer service...? I think we should have a choice in cable companies, just like with phone and electric companies.

Anyway, we called ATT the next day and had internet in 3 days.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:10 PM

301 posts, read 944,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subslug View Post
Whatever you do, avoid Time Warner/RoadRunner like the plague!

After signing up for their internet and cable TV package we were told it would be a three week wait but being patient types we decided it was fine to wait. After three weeks our install date came, we waited in our 4 hour window as instructed. Never having received any type of confirmation phone call we decided to call TW when our window past with no install.
They said we were still on the list but it would be the later 4 hour window.
So we waited, no phone calls nothing until at 10:30 pm a sub contractor for TW called me and said my installer person had been terminated!
Would I like to be set up for the following day and they'll try to fit me in? She said if I waited for TW to come out themselves it would be another two week wait! Hehe No! I sure wouldn't

When I lived in Fort Worth I used to think Charter was the worst ran company in the US, now I think they have some competition.

I wonder if the city council members that get all the kickbacks for choosing these companies realize how little they care about customer service...? I think we should have a choice in cable companies, just like with phone and electric companies.
Anyway, we called ATT the next day and had internet in 3 days.
wow, what an ordeal!! I will keep that in mind, thanks!!!

Old 08-10-2007, 08:04 AM

9,504 posts, read 19,506,212 times
We use Verizon FIOS, and we have ALL of the cable channels including the movies and sports (except the Spanish package), phone with unlimited long distance and internet (medium speed), and it is $199 a month. it's never gone out, and we love it!

Old 08-10-2007, 08:08 AM

9,504 posts, read 19,506,212 times
Oh, we also have a DVR, but I don't know how much storage it has.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
We use Verizon FIOS, and we have ALL of the cable channels including the movies and sports (except the Spanish package), phone with unlimited long distance and internet (medium speed), and it is $199 a month. it's never gone out, and we love it!
I've heard really good things about FIOS from some friends in Lewisville but I suppose they should be good for $200 a month.

But then again, I'm stuck in the past when cable was less than $20 bucks a month and MTV actually had music videos on it.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:39 AM

26 posts, read 144,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subslug View Post
I've heard really good things about FIOS from some friends in Lewisville but I suppose they should be good for $200 a month.

But then again, I'm stuck in the past when cable was less than $20 bucks a month and MTV actually had music videos on it.

Ha! I still remember when the concept of paying for TV reception elicited expressions from disbelief to aghast. Originally, cable touted itself as being commercial-free; you paid for the service and they didn't have advertising. That lasted about a nanosecond. How did we end up with 100+ channels and nothing to watch! Reception gets better and better, but content's going in the opposite direction.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag925 View Post
Ha! I still remember when the concept of paying for TV reception elicited expressions from disbelief to aghast. Originally, cable touted itself as being commercial-free; you paid for the service and they didn't have advertising. That lasted about a nanosecond. How did we end up with 100+ channels and nothing to watch! Reception gets better and better, but content's going in the opposite direction.
You're totally preachin to the choir!! I'm amazed what happened to the concept of cable TV, we're paying for commercials basically...? And we accept it..?

As American consumers are we really that stupid or what? I pray we're not and this is just a mixup in the paperwork somehow. LOL

Here's the kicker for me, the ads for the cable company itself. On the cable that I'm paying them to watch. Wha...?
It's just wrong on so many levels.

I should probably calm down and just take it like everyone else but this incident with Time Warner has me really wanting to fight the power somehow. If any other company treated us like cable companies do, would we still stand for it?

Old 08-10-2007, 12:58 PM

27,450 posts, read 44,947,050 times
article in FTW paper today about time warner cable--said that in California--san fran, i think, people banded together and filed class action lawsuit aledging fraud because of all promises made and not kept---theft of service...it is going to court--could affect hundreds of thousands of their customers for some real money...

but city councils that sponsor/allow cable companies to get monopolies in town should be held accountable for such crummy service and high prices---they should get called at home every time cable co screws up--bet that would make them pay attention...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or