Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 03:12 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times

Advertisements

The DEA agent meant that the demographics were shifting for whom they check as dealers/networks--
makes them rethink how they search for criminals

and if it was due to a mom not letting her grief and anger be patronized and downplayed by local police who did not want to spend time/energy actually investigating--then more power to her

the article I posted about the growth of heroin in NE Tarrant had info about a girl from Colleyville who was found shot last year and who had been heroin user--was living with her dealer/boyfriend and his friends--
and when HER mom tried to pass info to the local police hoping they would intervene and take the dealer to jail and stop the selling of the drug--she was basically patted on the head and told to let them do their business

no evidence to support this supposition--but makes you wonder if someone is getting money to ignore the situation--just as we are told/shown happens in other larger towns all the time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 07:24 PM

119 posts, read 347,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
[b]Yes, all places have drugs and all teens can get drugs etc...
Also being Herion and 'cheese' at that makes this very sobering.
What is 'CHEESE'?

Old 05-18-2011, 08:13 PM

301 posts, read 570,885 times
Today's Dallas Morning News had an article about the arrests and it does not portray the group as the organized ring that has been portrayed here. And I still stick to my thoughts that I will bet that this sort of activity is more widespread amongst middle to upper middle class young adults than we would like to think, unfortunately. One reason to educate your children on the danger of drugs and not falling prey to peer pressure.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:27 PM

32 posts, read 52,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
What makes this case different is the age of the sellers, the fact that they are sellers and users(most sellers don't use) AND that they are from upper middle class families (again most sellers come from lower socio economic backgrounds)

BUT not every town and city has the supply that this is. Most users have to travel to a bit more "seedy" area to get thier dime bag, not many can get thier fix within 5miles of home.
You actually believe all this?

Listen, I know I touched a nerve because I laughed that you thought this is a huge drug ring. I get that and I really didn't mean to offend you. I just have seen a lot due to being a graduate of the school of "hard knocks". Thankfully I straightened up while I was still a minor and didn't ruin my life.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:53 PM

32 posts, read 52,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
The DEA agent meant that the demographics were shifting for whom they check as dealers/networks--
makes them rethink how they search for criminals

and if it was due to a mom not letting her grief and anger be patronized and downplayed by local police who did not want to spend time/energy actually investigating--then more power to her

the article I posted about the growth of heroin in NE Tarrant had info about a girl from Colleyville who was found shot last year and who had been heroin user--was living with her dealer/boyfriend and his friends--
and when HER mom tried to pass info to the local police hoping they would intervene and take the dealer to jail and stop the selling of the drug--she was basically patted on the head and told to let them do their business

no evidence to support this supposition--but makes you wonder if someone is getting money to ignore the situation--just as we are told/shown happens in other larger towns all the time
Wow. Such a sad story and I can only assume the FM mom endured the same problem with local PD. The FM mom that I am talking about has a Facebook page about her cause called "Winning the Fight". Her strength is very inspiring.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:20 PM

15,529 posts, read 10,496,731 times
This reminds me of the heroin problem Plano had back in the 90's.

US TX: 29 Indicted In Plano Heroin Ring

Old 05-18-2011, 10:39 PM

473 posts, read 1,199,598 times
Quote:
but that is the deal see--it did not happen in other locations--at least with this entrenched approach
or you can say its hasn't been unearthed. Illegal drugs are known to be sold in all affluent communities like Plano, Coppell, Southlake, HP..etc
Kudos to this FM mom, DEA and FMPD to crack down the culprits. Ages of those arrested are 18, 20, 19, 38, 19, 20, 20, 21, 20, 19, 20, 20, 19, 21, 23, 23. Does not look like high school students. They are from Irving, FM, Grapevine, Corinth & Lewisville. It was a small, locally-run heroin (not HUGE as someone posted here) operation. My heart goes to all the families dealing with this. As parent we all have to be vigilant how good our kids are.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:41 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
CHEESE is heroin laced with pharmaceuticals--
one reason why stores now keep those products behind the counters and you have to sign for them--to restrict ease of purchase in larger quantities for illegal purposes

Cheese is made by adding water and pharmeceuticals to heroin then cooking it down to evaporate the water--resulting product is "cheese"--and process does sort of resemble what happens making cheese

making cheese means cutting the heroin with couple of other products so the dealers get more use from same amount vs selling it straight and because cheese is snorted vs injected it might seem "safer" to the users -- or more "upscale" like cocaine use

does not require needles/syringes--some people are resistant to injecting themselves--inhaling makes it easier to conceal on your person and leaves no needlemarks of shooting up so conceals evidence of use easier

Cheese (recreational drug) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Wiki article quotes lot of info about cheese in Dallas/TX area specifically
says that Hispanic youth were main users but suggests that demographic is shifting as more users are exposed to it

and I am not so sure that ALL the people arrested are 18 or over--the names of juvenile suspects can't be released in papers

Old 05-19-2011, 07:21 AM

473 posts, read 1,199,598 times
Quote:
and I am not so sure that ALL the people arrested are 18 or over--the names of juvenile suspects can't be released in papers
They were all over 18 and released all the names. One of the newspaper even had the photos all arrested:

Star Local News > Flower Mound Leader > News > Flower Mound investigation leads to 17 arrests on federal drug charges

Old 05-19-2011, 07:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
story in today's FTW paper about a group of teens and olders caught in police sting for selling heroin

13 young adults accused of dealing heroin in Flower Mound area | Crime and Safety | News...

other stories say 17 people accused

Flower Mound Heroin Investigation Leads To 17 Federal Indictments « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

and this posting on different site from 2010 is asking about heroin use in FM
when teen overdosed last year
Flower mound's new fad, HEROINE - [domain blocked due to spam]

I don't live in FM--not trying to throw stones--but sometimes stories like this come and go w/o people who might not be IN town at the time learning about the history

I know FM is not the only place young people can buy drugs--
just a shout out so people know that FM like any other part of the country can have issues with drugs--that all is not totally benign in middle-class suburbia
and that teens ALWAYS need to have parental involvement/oversight--
IMO don't take anything for granted in the life of a teen--even yours...
No parent should take anything for granted. Everywhere in the country and probably the world, drugs are available to kids and adults. They just need to know where to find them. I would guess, from what I know about the FM area (which is quite a bit) the drug problems are not as bad as in many areas. does this mean people in FM should turn their heads and pretend the problems do not exist? of course not. I know several kids who graduated from the 2 Flower Mound highschools in the past 4 o5 years (some a little earlier) I know some who are still there and I can pretty much assure you most of them did not have drug problems. This doesn't mean they were or are goody two shoes and haven't been exposed to illegal drugs but certainly Herior isn't out of control in Flower Mound. Now, the most important thing any parent and all schools can do is educate kids about drugs as well as alcohol.

BTW< I happen to think, for whatever reason you are trying to throw stones. I don't know where you live but it does sound like you are saying: na, na, na, look at Flower Mound. Out of town or not, I am sure most people are going to hear about this one way or the other.

Last edited by nmnita; 05-19-2011 at 07:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth