Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 04:37 PM

28 posts, read 94,757 times

Advertisements

As most of you on the forum know I am from Iowa, my husband is a Native Texan. When we lived in Iowa and had our kids there, we were able to go to parks, almost half to all of the parks had Splash Pads,

Splash pad

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Urban beach style splash pad located within the municipal swimming baths of Toronto's High Park

A splash pad is an area for water play that has no standing water. This is said to eliminate the need for lifeguards or other supervision, as there is practically no risk of drowning. Splash pads have been around in the commercial industry for decades. Established in Montreal, Canada in 1995, Vortex Aquatic Structures is the market leader and originator of the Splashpad, but in 2004, Splash Zone, an Arizona company, introduced the residential splash pad.
Typically there are ground nozzles that spray water upwards. There may also be other water features such as a rainbow (semicircular pipe shower), a mushroom shower, or a tree shower. As well, some splash pads feature movable nozzles similar to those found on fire trucks to allow users to spray others.
The showers and ground nozzles are often controlled by a hand activated-motion sensor, to run for limited time. Typically the water is either freshwater, or recycled and treated water, that is typically treated to at least the same level of quality as swimming pool water standards.
Contents

[hide]

My Mother and Step Father and my Nephew who are from Iowa and Minnesota respectivly are coming down to Texas for 4 days in June, she had asked me if there were any parks in Fort Worth that have Splash Pads there, I told her more than likely not, I have had to luck and are very dissapointed that they don't have them in a big city like Fort Worth with a population of 720250 doesn't have these wonderful free things to do with their children.

If I am mistaken that Fort Worth does have Splash Pads, please correct me then advise me to where they are, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 05:23 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,615,317 times
The only one that I am aware of is in Haltom City. They call it a sprayground.

Haltom City Broadway Park (http://www.haltomcitytx.com/HC_Parks_Rec/Pks_Broadway.html - broken link)

With so many water parks around, especially those geared toward younger kids or families, there isn't much need for the other I would imagine.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:15 PM

77 posts, read 227,814 times
Corby....why do you think I moved from Ft.Worth to raise a family. Plano,Allen,Frisco,McKinney are viable choices. Get out when you can. You're welcome for this valuable info.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:14 PM

3 posts, read 25,224 times
There is a splash pad in Crowley.

Crowley, TX - Official Website - Parks & Recreation

Old 06-15-2009, 07:14 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
saw one of those in Venice, FL where my daughter lives now--thought that was very neat way and certainly less expensive to give kids some water fun

Old 06-15-2009, 09:29 AM

62 posts, read 287,299 times
Just be careful if this is one of those public splash areas that the water is actually treated, some of these aren't regulated like public swimming pools so you might not know if there's chlorine in the water to kill off bacteria that's bound to have mixed with surface water.

It's a fairly well known fact that parasites like Crypto thrive in these spray pads, moreso than in swimming pools, chlorinated or not.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:38 AM

1 posts, read 11,582 times
There are two great splash pads on Roanoke Texas. Look under the Roanoke parks and recreation for details about each park and you will see splash pad as a park feature.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:58 AM

663 posts, read 1,724,812 times
Euless has one at their pool location off of S Main.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:46 PM

394 posts, read 1,257,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal2814 View Post
Euless has one at their pool location off of S Main.
Yep. Wife and kids discovered that one just this year. There's one in Colleyville, too.

-Eric

Old 07-26-2011, 01:47 PM

690 posts, read 1,729,309 times
(*Note to the city-data forum police) Yes! I googled the internet for these links.
I wanted to verify if Keller pointe had one but the following information popped up instead.
Thought it may be helpful for the op. Don't shoot the messenger.

Splash Pad Park - Mamapedia™

McPherson Park "Splash Pad" is open!!! | Grapevine Colleyville Community Directory and Business Listings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth