U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 12:33 AM

2 posts, read 7,943 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]Does any one know, What’s the property tax rate in Decatur? [/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 08:32 AM

1,383 posts, read 2,996,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellohello1 View Post
[SIZE=3]Hey is nice to know some one out there is in my same position. We are also probably moving to Decatur from Laredo, we been here 2 years and they are offering us to move there my husband is going this Friday to visit it. So what you gays can tell me about school district, are they good? Can you live in Forth worth or Denton and work in Decatur[/SIZE]
The school district in Decatur is really good and yes you can live in Fort Worth or Denton and work in Decatur. There's a lot of people that live in Fort Worth and DEnton and work in Decatur. There is also A LOTof people that live in Decatur and Work in Dallas, Fort Worth, and Denton. Denton is only 20 minutes away and Fort Worth is 25 minutes away.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:13 AM

23 posts, read 84,582 times
Smile We're moving to Decatur, too!

After looking around for over a year we finally decided on Decatur. Reasons - cheaper land than in the metroplex, nice friendly people, lots of shopping and restaurants for a small town, and a great place to raise kids!

We've been there several times looking at property. Some of the businesses we've seen there are:

Super Wal-Mart
Beall's (clothing/department store)
Sears (just the small version - mainly tools, etc)
Tractor Supply
Lowe's
2 Thrift stores
Antique/Gift shops

McDonald's (they're building a nice new one)
Arbie's
Braum's
Chili's
Starbucks
Some great mom-and-pop and privately owned restaurants

One thing you can do to find out what other businesses are there is to check out the Decatur Chamber of Commerce website and yellowpages.com. You can also get a feel for the town by reading the local paper, the Wise County Messenger. wcmessenger.com There's also classifieds there for real estate, etc.

As far as we're concerned, Decatur has a lot to offer. We can't wait to get there and get out of the big city!

Old 08-24-2007, 12:29 PM

1,383 posts, read 2,996,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volleyofficial View Post
Thanks for the info. I was a respiratory therapist for 19 years, that's why I was interested in the hospital. What brought you to South Texas? I am looking forward to having seasons! I will admit I am nervous moving to such a small town, but I am looking forward to a change. I have been in Corpus for 16 years. It will be hard to leave my friends, but they can come for a visit. Do you remember how close a Target or Petsmart is to Decatur? Good luck leaving Corpus
You can be at Target and Petsmart in 20-25 minutes.

Old 08-30-2007, 06:45 PM

9 posts, read 48,795 times
We checked out Decatur and Bridgeport this past weekend! It is larger than I imagined, which made me very happy. We should be headed that way the first half of December. I'm looking forward to the new adventure. If you were going to go back to college how close is Weatherford Community College to Decatur? Does anyone happen to know the closest college - 2 or 4 year?

Old 08-31-2007, 08:39 AM

14,874 posts, read 36,242,086 times
If you are in Decatur and want a 4 year college then look in Denton at The University of North Texas and Texas Womans University. On the Ft Worth side you have Texas Christian. Once upon a time Decatur had a college (Baptist College) that is now a musuem. For a 2 year or jr college you will have a lot of options.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:50 PM

Thank you for the information.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:52 PM

Sonshine - Great info. on the newspaper. Will be checking that out soon for the real estate ads.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:21 PM

2 posts, read 6,999 times
there are several small towns near Decatur that are great. If you like water activities there is Runaway Bay, right on Lake Bridgeport the school district is Bridgeport. Bridgeport is a little smaller than Decatur and only a few miles for commute. Chico and Paradise are much smaller but great if you are looking to buy a home with land. I have lived my whole life in Chico and just love it. I work in Decatur and it only takes me about 20 min. to get to work, the only problem with Chico is the Rock industry- lots of Rock Trucks in the mornings. Hope this helps...

Old 10-04-2007, 07:30 PM

3,494 posts, read 12,702,859 times
having lived in Paradise.........the one thing you can count on, is eventually getting a ding in your windshield at some point and then it grows into a crack...so many rock trucks in Wise County area traveling the highway........
make sure you have a low deductible on windshield repairs, you will use it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by destyneblue View Post
there are several small towns near Decatur that are great. If you like water activities there is Runaway Bay, right on Lake Bridgeport the school district is Bridgeport. Bridgeport is a little smaller than Decatur and only a few miles for commute. Chico and Paradise are much smaller but great if you are looking to buy a home with land. I have lived my whole life in Chico and just love it. I work in Decatur and it only takes me about 20 min. to get to work, the only problem with Chico is the Rock industry- lots of Rock Trucks in the mornings. Hope this helps...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or