U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 04:59 AM

6,529 posts, read 10,250,388 times
I'm also very active in my community here in Grapevine. I volunteer with two civic organizations and whenever DH and I go out, we usually run into people we know. Even though Grapevine is full of shops and restaurants that bring in peopel from all over the area, those of us who live here still know each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 05:55 AM

378 posts, read 676,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsFW View Post
... Now my children and my friends' children are marrying and moving back into our neighborhoods to start their families. These neighborhoods are all over Fort Worth--TCU, Tanglewood, Ridglea, Arlington Heights, Park Hill, many others. Fort Worth feels like a very small town to me.
Wow. That is so very cool . It says so much when people choose to stick around. That's really refreshing.

-Eric

Old 06-14-2011, 08:52 AM

3,029 posts, read 7,508,559 times
Same in Keller... I know the workers at the grocery store, cleaners etc...as well.

Have you looked in Sunnyvale? or Murphy?

Old 06-14-2011, 09:30 PM

288 posts, read 249,824 times
I know a lot of the checkers at the grocery stores and Target and such in north FM. The nice thing is that most of the workers in the stores actually practice good customer service- an art that I thought was lost until I moved to TX.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:28 PM

28 posts, read 48,769 times
Ever consider Keller?

Old 02-23-2012, 12:54 PM

1 posts, read 889 times
Default Horrible Air Taffic in Granbury

I have lived in 4 other states and nine other cities, and none of them has the horrible air traffice that Granbury does. It has gotten worse each year with military jets hot rodding over the town all day along with commerical jets flying over. Small planes love to fly right over residential areas 24/7 along with medical service helicopters. Do not move here. After almost six years of this mess, we will be moving - thank GOD!

Old 02-23-2012, 02:14 PM

38 posts, read 27,774 times
Of the 4 places you listed, only Granbury is a "small town".

The smaller outlying communities around DFW each have their own unique character and some are, well, um 'more unique'. You would need to spend some time in the various places to know which might be the right fit for you.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:10 PM

38 posts, read 27,774 times
If being close-in is not a big concern, Stephenville is a nice town. Having a university is a nice add for the community overall.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:51 AM

43 posts, read 102,786 times
Default Air Traffic!

I have been looking very seriously at houses in Granbury (Online) and was planning a trip there after I got mine on the market. I had a few places in mind. The "air traffic" would be a deal breaker for me. I know they have plenty of private planes at Pecan Plantation and it is not that far from other sources. I want an active little town without the city hassles.Hummmm

Old 05-01-2012, 12:25 AM

14,488 posts, read 26,586,880 times
even if there are private planes at Pecan Plantation they aren't all in the air at the same time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth