U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 11:27 AM

760 posts, read 628,189 times
Where the heck is Granbury? I have never heard of it nor noticed it on maps of DFW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 11:36 AM

14,316 posts, read 25,675,839 times
it is on maps--lots of people go to Granbury for day trips--antique shopping or going to Dinosaur Park area
just S/SW of FTW about an hour
down 377

Old 05-09-2012, 04:12 AM

28 posts, read 47,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenburg View Post
If being close-in is not a big concern, Stephenville is a nice town. Having a university is a nice add for the community overall.
Even though Stephenville is technically bigger than Granbury, Granbury has more modern conveniences than Stephenville like 100mbps internet from Charter vs I think 12mbps max from Northland Cable TV at a much higher price. Also, Granbury has several stores that are open 24/7 that includes Kroger, CVS, Walgreens, and Walmart while Stephenville's only 24/7 store is Walmart because even though they have a CVS and Walgreens they both close early.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:28 AM

2 posts, read 1,429 times
Saw someone mention cleburne, I live in the country and started attending cleburne schools 3 years ago. Cleburne is a town of about 30,000, which is small compared to metro suburbs, but yet not as large as denton. The FIRST thing I noticed when I started going there was how tight knit it was for its size, i became friends with the jids and the adults there, there was a large sense of community there. As far as amenities go, internet can be fast depending on your provider, they have a waterpark that opened like 8 years ago, a fairly good sized lake. A regional hospital, a large conference center. Education is not exemplary, but not horrible either, and I believe it is on the upswing. Its about an hours drive from downtown dallas, 45 from dt ft worth. However, with the completion of the 121 tollway/chisolm trail pkwy, you will be able to get to dt ft worth In about 20-30 min, making it prime location soon. There is a branch of hill college in cleburne. If you want kohls target and best buy and academy, you can drive 15 min to burleson. Cleburne has an heb, wal mart, kroger, albertsons, cvs, walgreens.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:30 AM

2 posts, read 1,429 times
Oh and 121 os said to be completed in like 2013 or 14
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth