Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 12:59 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times

Advertisements

the new house will not have a driveway that "butts up" against either of its neighbors' driveways--

But the front door for the new house will open directly on the driveway/garage bays of the house on its right (as it is facing the street) and its garage will open right into the front door/dining room window of the house on its left (facing the street)
You did not read the overhead view or the other photos correctly if you think this new build with have a driveway that runs beside driveway of either house on its sides...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 09:00 PM

discovered to day that the bylaws we thought the HOA was operating under (which made this last election basically illegal) were changed before June of 2010 and gutted--
so that the HOA members have very little power--especially to do something like recall a board member-and the sitting board members have All the power and can basically do what they want

so looks like we are going to have to find attorney to review what they did and try to discover if what they did in rewriting the HOA rules were done in agreement with the OLD HOA bylaws--and if there is any way to take this power out of their hands

the HOA legislation that was passed in the special session does address issues like voting and meetings-but some of it does not take effect until Jan of 2012--and depending on how it was written I don't know if it will help us that much anyway--tried to read it tonight but lot of legal language makes deciphering it difficult

Old 07-11-2011, 09:59 PM

556 posts, read 1,562,789 times
Boy, I feel your pain on this.....that construction photo just spells wrong! And of course in all matters, there is right and there is "right." Planting a house in that fashion is just out of line.....no consideration for others, or with foresight about the resale value of the structure itself.

I hope to never be in a HOA situation. I am lucky in that I'm in a small sorta-rural subdivision that only has guidelines.....and folks just keep their place nice because they have pride.

Good luck on this, and I'm afraid you can't even fight "city hall" on this, as it must be run by a gossipy, secretive bunch with an agenda.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:42 PM

I don't think we are unreasonable about the fact that this house is not a good design--
any one I have shown those photos to or who have come into the culdesac and see how the house is laid out have the same questions--what is going on with that house--

They did not choose some modern exterior--it is very conventional and fits design of the other homes in HOA well--so they are not THAT individualistic that they want to paint it purple like Sandra Cisneros did to her house in the King William district in San Antonio year ago--and fought her HOA and won--because purple was color that the Sears catalogue and other Victorian design books gave as possible choice

the HOA board is just out of control and how to stop them w/o spending a ton of money is the question

Last edited by loves2read; 07-11-2011 at 11:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth