Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 01:51 AM

770 posts, read 1,797,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
the cross over bridge though is closed and will be down for a year
which is a real hassle for people who live/shop/work in the area
I haven't been through the area in almost 5 months. How much progress has been made? Last time I went through there, only a few businesses had be demo'ed, but the median from Bedford on 183 to 820 all the way to 35W was tore up and being worked on for apparent lane additions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 09:27 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbe10 View Post
I haven't been through the area in almost 5 months. How much progress has been made? Last time I went through there, only a few businesses had be demo'ed, but the median from Bedford on 183 to 820 all the way to 35W was tore up and being worked on for apparent lane additions.
The lanes on North 820 between 35W and Northeast Mall are so narrow it can be scary because people can't stay in their lanes. Plus, the lanes do all those construction curves. That entire area is terrible and getting worse.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:52 PM

194 posts, read 306,176 times
I stay off of the 820 north loop at all costs .. (actually, not much cost to it, because it's such a mess!). We use 26 to get to downtown Fort Worth, and MidCities/Wautaga/Western Center to get to Saginaw. I realize this is an enormous project, but I just fail to see how closing most of the exits and then doing construction on the ONE road that does have an exit was good planning .. I travel from North Richland Hills to Dallas daily (I know, but .. we live halfway for hubby and I) and either exit at Industrial, or stay on 183 to 26 .. it's too much of a hassle to exit anywhere else.

Thank goodness for audio books!

Old 06-21-2012, 11:20 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,316,643 times
Usually the people that complain the loudest about the incovenience of road construction were the ones complaining the loudest about how badly it was needed.

I travel west on 183 from Bedford to downtown FW via 121 in the morning and back again in the evening. Have things slowed down some? Going to work? No. Coming home? Yes, especially on 820 northbound between Hwy. 10 and the Bedford-Euless/Grapevine Hwy. exit. But it might add 5 or 10 minutes to my commute if I leave work between 5:00 and 5:30. If I leave before 5 or after 6, I usually avoid most of the slow downs. One piece of good news: a handful of the closed ramps in Bedford and Hurst should reopen in some form by the end of the summer.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:42 PM

112 posts, read 290,369 times
saw the animation video of the planned finished product, and it looks awesome.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:45 PM

194 posts, read 306,176 times
It should be great! Didn't mean to only complain .. Most of the time my commute isn't too bad, and I just make the best of it when it's slow. .. I moved to NRH just a few weeks before the construction started, and knew it was coming. Hubby does the north 820 loop on his way to Aledo daily, but his trip is usually before and after the heaviest traffic. He did get caught in a long shutdown a few weeks back on his trike and wound up with a third degree burn on his leg .. Hazards of biking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth