U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 07:40 PM

350 posts, read 1,125,108 times

Advertisements

Fort Worth has the 9th lowest crime rate of cities over 500,000 in population, of which there are 34.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 11:22 PM

33 posts, read 70,226 times
Okay so that is funny that Fort Worth made COPS. The news here is mostly about crime in Dallas. I rarely hear things about Fort Worth. I have been here for two months and I really love this place. I am originally from Baton Rouge which I miss, but Fort Worth is a great fit. There are lots of things to do and I love how there is so much athletically to do.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:51 AM

32 posts, read 115,679 times
I think it is a lot better today than in the 80's when Ft.Worth was Murder City No.2. Still a lot of areas just look so run down, dirty, ghetto-like, that is a real shame.
I really like the way they fixed up the downtown, it is really a nice place today.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:48 AM

557 posts, read 1,337,984 times
Oh, it is just turrible. Every time I drive in to do my Central Market or Borders run, I drape myself in FuBu wear, and polish up the rims on my Volkswagen. Then I check my grill placement in the makeup mirror and crank up the bass on 97.9. I ride low-profile and fit right in this ghetto.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:59 AM

1,078 posts, read 3,438,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA_Mom View Post
LOL well I can't speak for that. I do know it wasn't hard to find that "type" everywhere I've lived, including the supposed most superficial place in the states, Southern California.

Too funny...I have never known any toothless people in either place.
You know I hate to say this, but aside from Orange County, CA...I would say there is a lot more fake here...just our experience so far.
Bird

Old 03-12-2009, 10:52 AM
JJG

12,902 posts, read 18,415,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurodawg View Post
I think it is a lot better today than in the 80's when Ft.Worth was Murder City No.2. Still a lot of areas just look so run down, dirty, ghetto-like, that is a real shame.
I really like the way they fixed up the downtown, it is really a nice place today.
Not too many areas are run down.

In fact, Fort Worth is actually working to fix up most of the city. Just take a look at these websites:

Near Southside
Fort Worthology

Old 03-13-2009, 02:34 AM

1 posts, read 3,526 times
I've lived in Fort Worth 44 years. Generally it is no better or worse than most cities its size in the current social climate. Years ago, the southeast side and the near northside and near south side were the areas with the most crime. Much of that has changed. Areas that were once very nice such as the southwest and far west areas are not so much now. On the other hand, the near south side is up and coming; it is near the hospital district. Downtown is fabulous if you can afford it. I think it is one of the safest downtowns in the country. Near westside is also great but has gotten increasingly expansive. Many suburban areas are good but not so convenient. We have great museums and a nice zoo. Plenty of educated people and our share of rednecks. The climate is mostly good but very hot in the summer and changeable in the winter months. Housing is affordable and a nice surprise for many people coming from other cities.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:48 PM

32 posts, read 115,679 times
Agree with most of your post, and yes the downtown is great. Northside is however a complete dump and so is Southeast, Eastside and Como. Also the Westside becomes more rundown.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:35 PM

5 posts, read 12,968 times
I don't think that Fort Worth is bad, I live in a great neighborhood in Fort Worth, NW near Lake Worth, border lines Saginaw and Lake Worth but still considered Fort Worth. However, you could say there are places of Fort Worth that I have heard may not be the best to live, South side and East side loops of 820. But, I love it here.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:32 AM

188 posts, read 444,432 times
There are definitely parts of Ft. Worth that can get pretty bad, but don't judge a city from what you've seen on COPS. The producers of COPS tend to have this fetish with filming mostly in central Florida, Ft. Worth and Las Vegas. In that exact order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or