U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 08:14 PM

4,000 posts, read 6,924,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurodawg View Post
Agree with most of your post, and yes the downtown is great. Northside is however a complete dump and so is Southeast, Eastside and Como. Also the Westside becomes more rundown.
You guys are bias towards east fort Worth. I dont understand it. Far East Fort Worth bodering Arlington is very nice and alot of millionaires and middle class famiilies live in that area. The Meadowbrook and Handley area have beautiful older homes. So stop making East Fort Worth seem hooded out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 04:55 AM

32 posts, read 115,672 times
Default Lake Worth, North FTW

Outside the loop are great areas to live, that's where I bought my house. And of course there are nice homes in the East, i am just talking about the slummy areas just South East of downtown with those housing projects and run down houses.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurodawg View Post
Outside the loop are great areas to live, that's where I bought my house. And of course there are nice homes in the East, i am just talking about the slummy areas just South East of downtown with those housing projects and run down houses.
The southside of Fort Worth is definitely not the nices part of the city but I have seen worse in other cities. I never understood with its close proximity to downtown why? they let this community decay over the years. Similar problems have occured in Dallas and Houston.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:40 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,766,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
The southside of Fort Worth is definitely not the nices part of the city but I have seen worse in other cities. I never understood with its close proximity to downtown why? they let this community decay over the years. Similar problems have occured in Dallas and Houston.
There is some new development in the area immediately south of downtown. It seems like there is actually a real effort to turn it around.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:11 PM

350 posts, read 1,124,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
You guys are bias towards east fort Worth. I dont understand it. Far East Fort Worth bodering Arlington is very nice and alot of millionaires and middle class famiilies live in that area. The Meadowbrook and Handley area have beautiful older homes. So stop making East Fort Worth seem hooded out.
I'm not from the area but I always considered "Far East" FW - Eastchase, etc, different from the rest of Ft Worth. It feels more like Arlington and is closer to amenities there.

I thought of East FW as the area between downtown and 820 and some of those areas are real rough.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aporkalypse View Post
I'm not from the area but I always considered "Far East" FW - Eastchase, etc, different from the rest of Ft Worth. It feels more like Arlington and is closer to amenities there.

I thought of East FW as the area between downtown and 820 and some of those areas are real rough.
The city I think need to focus on East Lancaster & East Rosedale and the communites around it. Miller & Berry St. has seen big improvements but still need work on. The Stop Six & East Wood communites have had big improvements but still need alot of work. Honestly the only thing that I really see wrong with those communites is the homes need a good paint Job and you will be suprise just by a good paint job how much of a different it would make.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:58 AM

5,412 posts, read 14,044,714 times
On FWPD's Website, I noticed that they have a link to:
Crime Mapping - Welcome!

Interesting stuff there.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:27 AM

288 posts, read 1,067,163 times

Last edited by ctrres; 04-10-2009 at 02:42 AM..

Old 04-12-2009, 07:35 AM

28 posts, read 83,622 times
I live in "old getto" area of Fort Worth, as what I was told, it used to be really getto, now it's not really nice people, there is allot of culture on this side of 20 but its good. I would highly recommend North Richland Hills, and Richland Hills, I have lived in Richland Hills before and it's nice, I would also recommend Weatherford..Good luck finding a home here.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:56 AM

1 posts, read 3,823 times
i think a lot of the views on this website are semi racist especially the fubu joke....every city has a run area but to use the word ghetto is kind of like associating areas by population of race..............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or