U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 04:43 PM

751 posts, read 844,905 times

Advertisements

I am coming to Dallas next week to check out some neighborhoods in the NE part of Dallas, but I was wondering what Ft Worth is like?! If I was to judge Ft Worth based on what I see on COPS, I would say, it is ghetto city full of crime, murder and illegal aliens etc and the cops are total rednecks!. I was watching an old episode of COPS in Ft Worth last night and it is probably one of the only episodes I have ever seen when a cop walks out on 2 murder victims laying on the floor. I am sorry if my view is stereotypical, but I guess I have seen so much tragedy out of Ft Worth on TV, I guess, I will find out for myself next week, any opinions are appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 05:03 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,779,846 times
Gosh here I am defending Fort Worth - as a native Dallasite, that's almost treason!

COPS goes for the sensational - same with Dallas SWAT. We often joke about how whenever we hit the national news it's got interviews with trailer trash, religious wackos and rednecks. I guess the rest of us are too boring to make a story interesting.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:57 PM

64 posts, read 178,881 times
No, Fort Worth is a beautiful city with a ton to offer. They have lovely neighborhoods, a charming downtown area and their arts scene is spectacular. COPS and most other television programs I can think of are certainly NOT a reliable source on this part of the country. Crime happens everywhere; the criminals featured on COPS are undoubtedly equally pathetic across geographic regions. Be sure to check out Fort Worth's Botanical Garden - the Zen portion is really worth the extra admission price. The zoo there is very beautiful and the museums, the Kimball in particular, are great to visit on these hot August days. Enjoy yorself!

M

Old 08-10-2007, 07:58 PM

258 posts, read 1,023,002 times
Come visit, drive thru the neighborhoods so you can 'see' how they are.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:59 PM

670 posts, read 2,674,016 times
It's TV. Ever notice when there is a shooting or tornado or anything, they find the most inarticulate toothless person to interview...for some reason that creates ratings.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:07 PM

455 posts, read 1,834,483 times
Yeah, that's it. Just like everybody in NYC talks like Vinnie Barbarino, everybody in Chicago is mafia, everyone in San Francisco is gay and everybody in Wisconsin is fat and eats cheese. Give me a break....this question doesn't even deserve a response.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:13 PM

5,092 posts, read 9,601,657 times
Fort Worth has some DEEP 'hood. The older parts along Rosedale, and Lancaster on the South and East of downtown come to mind. And yeah, "COPS" things go on there daily. Broad daylight crack/meth-heads and ho-zombies walking the street doing their hustle.

On the other hand downtown Fort Worth is quite nice and even has private security via the Bass Bros. (Fort Worth billionaires who have heavily re-invested into the betterment of down town.)

If you have time to burn I would recommend a trip to downtown Ft. Worth, and maybe the old Stockyards on the North side of downtown.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:47 PM

751 posts, read 844,905 times
COPS in Ft Worth seems to always focus on East Division..I guess..that would be the part of the city East of Downtown?I will take a drive around to see it for myself.!

Old 08-10-2007, 09:04 PM

2,639 posts, read 2,306,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA_Mom View Post
It's TV. Ever notice when there is a shooting or tornado or anything, they find the most inarticulate toothless person to interview...for some reason that creates ratings.
I don't believe they have to search too hard to find that. I'm not being facetious, but I always thought the same thing, and it's kind of embarrassing.

Old 08-11-2007, 06:40 AM

670 posts, read 2,674,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
I don't believe they have to search too hard to find that. I'm not being facetious, but I always thought the same thing, and it's kind of embarrassing.
LOL well I can't speak for that. I do know it wasn't hard to find that "type" everywhere I've lived, including the supposed most superficial place in the states, Southern California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or