U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 06:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,025 times

Advertisements

Well it all depends on what you can afford
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 11:28 AM

563 posts, read 3,382,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamar properties View Post
Well it all depends on what you can afford
200-225K will be our limit. I'm not expecting a huge lot. If anything I am anti lawn and will probably fill it in with drought resistant planting beds! I'm not terribly heat tolerant (yet) and don't expect to be bouncing around in the back yard any time soon. The mamor issue is privacy or a sense of privacy anyway!
Currently we live on a cul de sac and so the angle between the houses widens and there is a good 20-30 feet between the rear edges of the homes. I know side by side on a straight street tends to be a bit squashed and I guess I'll have better luck hunting for a cul de sac lot.

Old 08-16-2007, 05:04 PM

1,379 posts, read 5,812,986 times
I would probably count on 75.00 - 85.00/sq ft for what you are looking for if you want something newer that isn't upgraded to the hilt If it is closer to $100.00 sq foot, it should have granite countertops, wood floors, crown moulding and upgraded fixtures. That is general in the area. In some of the more exclusive neighborhoods, it is more of course.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:06 PM

27,485 posts, read 44,973,761 times
you might consider Mansfield--it is further south than people have suggested but you can go up 360 right to the airport -- lots of houses on market there in your price range for a variety of reasons and schools are pretty good...depending on which zone you buy in...

Old 08-18-2007, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,818 times
My family opted for the small town of Haslet, where there are nice acre lot communities sparsely placed throughout the town and surrounding areas. It is Northwest ISD, which is growing, and with the improved taxes coming from the new homes going up, the school district is expected to continue to get better and better. If you would like to look at a website for some of the builders and homes going up around this area, you can look at: AvondaleDevelopers.com (Haslet's "Vista Ranch" community is number 4 on the map) I hope this helps.

Old 08-18-2007, 12:06 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,046,336 times
^ One of my coworkers lives in Haslet and he's happy with that town.

Old 08-18-2007, 12:37 PM

1,379 posts, read 5,812,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbreeze View Post
My family opted for the small town of Haslet, where there are nice acre lot communities sparsely placed throughout the town and surrounding areas. It is Northwest ISD, which is growing, and with the improved taxes coming from the new homes going up, the school district is expected to continue to get better and better. If you would like to look at a website for some of the builders and homes going up around this area, you can look at: AvondaleDevelopers.com (Haslet's "Vista Ranch" community is number 4 on the map) I hope this helps.
We are building in Vista Ranch as well. Howdy neighbor!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or