Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2007, 01:30 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,425,635 times

Advertisements

So everyone has asked me..."have you been to Central Market?"..."have you been to Central Market?"....well this morning I was finally able to make my way there.

All I can say is WOW!! Who needs Trader Joes? Central Market makes it look just silly! I have never been a big fan of Trader Joes anyway, but the produce and everything there at Central Market, I am still in awe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 08:54 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,266,248 times
Indeed. They have a selection like no other I've ever seen.

Beer...I'd pretty much stuck to Bud or Miller Lite in college. I was pretty ignorant of the wide world of Beers. A friend of mine took it upon himself to 'educate' me by taking me to Central Market to show me what I've been missing all this time. The cool thing is you don't have to buy a whole six pack of one beer. You can get a 'sampler platter' of beers. And they don't mind at all. They've got some of the best offerings from the US, to England, to Belgium, to Germany, nearly anything you can imagine (well anything that gets exported...some microbrews don't make it over here)!

And wines? Just about anything you can imagine.

Meats? premium stuff. I bought some Ribeye's there for a special occasion a while back and they were some of the best cuts of meat I've ever had.(terribly expensive but damn good)

Also: It's a great place to eat lunch if your job is close enough that you can run over there. They've got a pretty wide variety of things to eat for lunch. Sandwiches, salads, and much much more.

Sometimes in the evenings they have a "Burgers and Bock" deal that you can buy grilled burgers and beer of your choice and eat out on the patio. I haven't had the pleasure of going but I hear it's nice.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:42 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
think their produce quality varies--just like whole foods--was not really impressed with fruit I bought there...ready food section is slow...
I think they are priced higher than I want to pay...

Old 08-25-2007, 10:28 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,920,793 times
Hey, you finally made it out to Central Market. I've only been there a couple times. It's conveniently located by Rt. 30 and Hulen St. (for those wondering). While it looks like a nice store, I was a little disappointed in the lack of certain ethnic foods. It's still no substitute to going to Indian grocery stores in Arlington. : \

Old 10-13-2014, 01:03 PM

2 posts, read 3,337 times
Smile Central Market in Arlington Texas

Please I hope too hear that one is coming soon! Whole foods is ok but would Love to see a central market come to South Arlington Texas for my Groceries and for prepared food and there chopped BBQ !!

Old 10-13-2014, 01:13 PM

2 posts, read 3,337 times
Smile Indian markets in Arlington Texas

We have a World Market for Indian Food in Arlington on Matlock Rd though they have a lot to choose from then Central Market the Quality is Too Poor I'd rather be at Central market Fresh Fruits and Meats and Great Bakers there isn't a Indian store in Texas that Compares to a Central Market Only Jimmys in Dallas comes close for Italin Food

Old 10-13-2014, 01:16 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,645,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
Beer...I'd pretty much stuck to Bud or Miller Lite in college. I was pretty ignorant of the wide world of Beers. A friend of mine took it upon himself to 'educate' me by taking me to Central Market to show me what I've been missing all this time. The cool thing is you don't have to buy a whole six pack of one beer. You can get a 'sampler platter' of beers. And they don't mind at all. They've got some of the best offerings from the US, to England, to Belgium, to Germany, nearly anything you can imagine (well anything that gets exported...some microbrews don't make it over here)!
As someone who was fortunate enough to go to college in Portland, Oregon, one of the best beer cities in the US, I'll just say that Central Market's selection is not "anything I can imagine" but rather "what I expect from a decent store". The store a few miles from my campus had a selection about 3x the one at Central Market.

That said, after leaving school and going out into the wide world, I realized just how spoiled we were having such a store within walking distance!

Old 10-15-2014, 12:48 PM

163 posts, read 199,078 times
We call it "Gucci-B" in SA. Started in Austin in 1994 and we got one in SA in 1997.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth