Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2011, 03:02 PM

12 posts, read 27,461 times

Advertisements

We just returned for a trip to explore this beautiful area. I really relied on many of your posts when planning that trip,and they were so helpful. As I have posted before, school quality, sports programs (and being able to make the teams), kids in the neighborhood and commute time are the most important things.

We ruled out Southlake, thought it is so beautiful, because we want a home newer than the 90s and have read many threads that many kids here dont make the sports teams. My children are exceptional athletes, but not in the top 1-2 %,and they would still like to play on school teams.

My Husbands job is now Lockheed Fort Worth.

We have found a house we love in each of these places, and we really love your area. The details above are VERY important to us, so if you have any information, please take a moment to share it.

We loved Heritage, and it has the best commute, but were a little concerned about the schools -- timberview, timber creek and central seemed to have lower ratings than Keller proper or Trophy Club. Also, in 08-09, posts here really favored Hidden Lakes. IS that still true?

Trophy CLub was beautiful, but I cannot get a handle on the commute time to Lockheed?? ANy help here? Also, schools are incredible but shopping seems more removed-true or no?

Hidden Lakes in Keller we also loved, but I am concerned about the school overcrowding and budget cuts I keep reading about here?? Also, is is harder to play basketball and football here, like Southlake?

This is a long term move, so housing appreciation, school quality and convenient living for the next 10 years really matter!

thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 07:23 PM

690 posts, read 1,729,147 times
Due to your husbands job location, I would have suggested Aledo.

Your choice between Keller and Trophy Club, my vote is on Keller/hidden lakes.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:11 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,887,311 times
Hidden lakes is very nice and has nice amenties. The house prices tend to run higher than other neighborhoods simply because it's "Hidden Lakes". Some houses will "sit' on the market due the fact that they aren't updated etc, but the owners think they can charge 20k more because of the name.
It is one of the few neighborhoods in Keller that has pools, playground and tennis courts etc...

Hidden Lakes was redistricted last to include Shady Grove elementary (to alivate the over crowding in Hidden Lakes elem.)
There are alot of nice smaller neighobrhoods in Keller where you might get more house for your money or a more 'updated" house etc...

Heritage is very nice and since the job is at Lockheed would be a better commute than from Keller (and esp Hidden Lakes which is on the east side of town)
Schools are very good over there as well. HS is where it gets tricky...I believe that some of Heritage is zone for Timber Creek (new HS) some for Central and a bit even to Fossil Ridge. I would look at those zoned for central.
Also I like the location of Bette Perot Elementary better than Eagle Ridge or Lone Star. Eagle Ridge can be a real bear to get to if you are not living in the neighborhood right adjecent to it.

Trophy club is very nice and has alot of amenties, but it would be your worst commute. We found Trophy club interesting, it seems the houses that are under 300k seem cheaply built and on small lots OR...are older and in dire need of updating. Then you jump up to 400k+ for the better built houses etc... I was not fond of the main road that winds through TC, it can get quiet conjested.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:29 PM

11,855 posts, read 26,872,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
Trophy club is very nice and has alot of amenties, but it would be your worst commute. We found Trophy club interesting, it seems the houses that are under 300k seem cheaply built and on small lots OR...are older and in dire need of updating. Then you jump up to 400k+ for the better built houses etc... I was not fond of the main road that winds through TC, it can get quiet conjested.

100% agree with these points. NO WAY would I move to TC and commute to Lockheed every day. TC is so isolated, too. Unless you're working in Solana, TC is really inconvenient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth