Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 09:30 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times

Advertisements

run a search on the FTW forum for those terms
past posts still have viable information

depending on the ages of your children if they are old enough I can recommend both the museum school at the FTW Science museum--if it is working this summer after the museum went through renovations--
terribly competitive to get in

and the TCC NE campus in Hurst for their summer camp classes--
it takes older children up to like jr high age and has some worthwhile classes
But neither of these programs is a full-time child care for people who need day care when school is on vacation
Primrose School on Central/Cheek-Sparger is pretty good--know someone who worked there for years
the Campfire Girls and Boy Scouts run summer programs--but again think those are not full-time for all summer but they could be--
search the forum--cause I know other people have asked your same question

if you rent in Bedford--check out the apts north of 183 across the street from Bedford Heights --
The Amherst apts
Bedford Heights elementary is one of the best elem in HEB and even neighboring ISDs--jr high is probably Bedford jr high off Brown Trail and Bell HS--great IB program and nationally recognized band
lots of trees on the grounds
one of the safer/less crime areas
but because it is close to Forest Ridge/Brown Trail is also fairly easy access to 183--or using Cheek Sparger makes easy access to DFW airport
the older apts on other side of the school are probably less expensive and they aren't as appealing to me from street view

Bedford has quite a few apt complexes that are older but I think still pretty viable--
one by the library south of Bedford Euless Rd has 3 bedroom units which can be difficult to find
many of them have trees on site vs just concrete

there is also very nice apt south of 183 behind the Movie Tavern in the strip shopping center at Central Drive...
gated...close to Airport Frwy but again has trees on property to relieve some of the commercial look
this apt would likely be zoned for elementary Bell Manor--little bit different demographics for it than Bedford Heights but think it is good school
also probably zoned for Central jr hi and Trinity HS --Trinity also has IB program, strong football/athletics, and good science dept
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 10:14 AM

295 posts, read 948,886 times
Lots of construction on 183 as well so you'll also likely run into that coming from HEB but definitely better than if you live in Watuga.

GOod luck!

Old 01-24-2012, 02:34 PM

article in FTW paper today probably available online about survey done by residents of Wautauga
only 75% indicate they are happy with quality of life there vs 90%+ in other towns in area
I am sure part of that has to do with standard of living since Wautauga is blue collar area not upscale like Colleyville

Old 01-24-2012, 05:14 PM

11 posts, read 23,327 times
We're definitely moving up there, so we are coming up this week to find a place to live and check out the schools. We found a place in north Euless, HEB ISD, if it's as good as it looks.

Thanks again for all the input, y'all are awesome

Old 01-24-2012, 05:39 PM

north Euless, HEB ISD, has good schools and easy access to lot of good things in the Metroplex
Mayor of Euless is forward thinking, good leader--has helped accomplish some good projects for the city
but there is still a lot of "old" in the part of Euless that is around the Airport Frwy and farther south...

good preschool at the Euless Methodist on Airport Frwy if you need daycare for younger children

Old 01-29-2012, 05:34 PM

11 posts, read 23,327 times
Thanks again for all the input, and for those that are regular posters. Y'all were a tremendous help to me. We have secured a house and found a before/after care program for my son. I'm sure it would have been much harder without all the great info posted in this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth