Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2012, 10:02 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,474,655 times

Advertisements

My husband is having a chronic problem with hives or angioedema breaking out on various locations on his body--including his face--and lasting for days at a time...
this is probably not food/air-born related allergy but tied to ACE inhibitors for blood pressure med...
his doctor and an allergist he has seen (after several misdiagnosis from different medical providers) both seems to say "live with it" and take antihistimine when it comes out...

the most recent occurrence started Wed and eventually involved probably 6 different locations on his body, including a swollen top lip...with no real cessation after taking the antihistimine proscribed...
he can go to work when his clothes cover the rash--but having it on his face makes him too self-conscious...not to mention makes speaking clearly somewhat difficult...

I have done some googling and Dr. Bob Lanier (who gets face time on local tv as doctor-expert) is world-recognized allergist...
wondered if anyone here actually had used him and could recommend him...
sometimes in large practice--which his seems to be--you never really deal with the head honcho--just associates...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 07:21 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,671,725 times
Have not dealt with him, but I wish you guys the best. Allergies are tough to manage.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:54 PM

211 posts, read 492,333 times
Thankfully, we have not had to ever go to an allergist in FW, so I can't really help you with Dr. Lanier. However, I know where his office is...it's right by where I get my pedicures! LOL. It does not appear very large and it's not in the hospital district. I'm not sure how many (if any) associates he has with him. I know he is pretty old, and I'm surprised he hasn't retired by now.

Two allergy groups that I hear of from friends are: FW Allergy and Asthma Associates FWAAA | Fort Worth Allergy and Asthma Associates | Homepage Dr. Rogers' wife is a friend of mine.

And Allergy and Asthma Clinic of Fort Worth :: Home Dr. Tanna is very well known.

I hope this helps and doesn't confuse you more. Good luck! Your husband's condition sounds horrible!

Old 01-09-2012, 08:11 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,474,655 times
he has been lucky in that he has not had problem with bad itching from the rashes or had any symptom that it is going into anaphalactic shock--where your airways close...
but that is always in the back of our minds...

he is waiting to hear from his doctor--sent him an email with pix of his swollen lip this Saturday--
hopefully he will call him today and try to schedule appt for workup
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: