Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 08:35 PM

382 posts, read 420,063 times

Advertisements

Yep, I got a tersely-worded demand letter from a collection agency on behalf of the City of Fort Worth for an "expired meter" parking ticket from...ready? October 1997. Fifteen years ago. Was in college back then, so $55 may as well have been a million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 03:51 PM

28 posts, read 54,328 times
looks like a radar detector might be as good a purchase as tinted windows. 9 out of 12 people we know in DFW have gotten speeding tickets.....during my time there I noticed they zealously respect their school zones too.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:30 PM

556 posts, read 1,562,789 times
Hubby was going 67 in a 65 on I-20, so two cars passed us.

Gung-ho trooper drives down from a hillside, motions all THREE cars over. Yep, got a ticket. No, did not provide radar proof when asked. Just verbally insisted he was doing SEVENTY-NINE mph.

Thought about filing a formal complaint, then realized we'd be setting ourselves up, big-time.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:38 AM

34 posts, read 53,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonSKennedy View Post
1) Why is this city full of cops with itchy radar trigger fingers?

2) How do I tell the court I want to do defensive driving and what will be the cost? My ticket is $169.

Any help would be great.
Was this S cooper? There has been a long history of pedestrian hits along the central areas of that street with a very recent fatality. I've lived in Arlington for a decade and I can say getting tickets here is FAR less likely for just about anything compared to DWG, Addison, Euless.

I've always used the Bedford Lawyer who happens to have a branch office next to the UTA area. 40$ and you don't use your once a year def driving option.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:03 PM

24,478 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyntexn View Post
Was this S cooper? There has been a long history of pedestrian hits along the central areas of that street with a very recent fatality. I've lived in Arlington for a decade and I can say getting tickets here is FAR less likely for just about anything compared to DWG, Addison, Euless.

I've always used the Bedford Lawyer who happens to have a branch office next to the UTA area. 40$ and you don't use your once a year def driving option.
Nice adertisement.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:10 PM

34 posts, read 53,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Nice adVertisement.
uh I guess, don't work for them or anything like that. I realized later the post was out of date however it was just helpfulness, I could care less who or what they eventually hire or don't hire. Generally most people here come here for advice or guidance.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:26 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyntexn View Post

I dont know about that. Arlington easily has the most cops parked out on the freeways. Arlington has to be in the top three for most speeding tickets given out. They are ridiculous.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:38 AM

469 posts, read 886,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
I dont know about that. Arlington easily has the most cops parked out on the freeways. Arlington has to be in the top three for most speeding tickets given out. They are ridiculous.
Truth, i would sometimes take 183 even if it was out of the way to avoid 30 or 20 because of all the cops when I lived in the area

Old 03-29-2012, 02:39 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
Coppell will get you for 2mph over the limit, so will Westlake on Dove Road in the mornings. No, thats not in school zones.
As for the rules of the road, they are made to be ticket friendly, not driver friendly. Some roads are 2 lanes each direction with curbs and turn lanes and a 35mph speed limit, then you turn onto a 2 lane road with no curbs, turn lanes, or shoulder and the speed limit is 40. Or the speed limit changes multiple times through a stretch of road with no rhyme or reason.
Cops don't write tickets to keep the roads safe, they write tickets to raise revenue.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:44 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontificator View Post
Hubby was going 67 in a 65 on I-20, so two cars passed us.

Gung-ho trooper drives down from a hillside, motions all THREE cars over. Yep, got a ticket. No, did not provide radar proof when asked. Just verbally insisted he was doing SEVENTY-NINE mph.

Thought about filing a formal complaint, then realized we'd be setting ourselves up, big-time.
Cops are well aware that it will cost you WAY more time and money to fight a bogus traffic ticket than it is worth, so they could care less if they are right or not sometimes. I hate to be cynical, but the smart ass disrespectful attitudes that many cops show towards citizens displays that they feel they are better than everyone else. I wish it was just a few bad cops among mostly good cops, but I think its really closer to 50/50. Luck of the draw whether or not you deal with a cop that treats you like a citizen vs a cop that treats you like your a dirty rotten criminal just for driving a few mph over the speed limit or slowing down to 1mph at a stop sign instead of 0.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth