Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2012, 03:35 PM

32 posts, read 119,653 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to join a gym/fitness center in either Alvarado or Burleson area. I didn't see any 24hr or LA fitness center in these locations what other options are out there?

i did stop by Anytime Fitness it was small but rather expensive for me it might be my only options unless someone can point me to another option.

thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 11:06 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,758,301 times
Welcome to my pet peeve...24 hr fitness is single handedly the #1 one thing I miss the most since moving out of the immediate DFW area. In fact, I held on to my membership as long as I could (I had been a member for 12 years) thinking I would drive to work out....yeah right, it was about 45 min each way. I know it is wishful thinking but if they could build one in Cleburne or Granbury, I would be thrilled. I checked out about 4 gyms in a 20 mile radius as well as Anytime Fitness and like you, felt that it was too expensive. There is a also Snap Fitness but they are a little pricey too and from what I read, there were alot of negative reviews. So, I found that the YMCA was the best thing I could get. It's about $30 bucks a month but there is no contract, so I can cancel anytime, since I have to drive about 18 miles each way. Not perfect but it will have to do for now. I'm not sure if there is one near you but it might be worth checking into.

Old 07-05-2012, 12:04 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,316,107 times
Hugely Hospital at 1187 and 35 has a fitness center attached. I worked out there for a short time more than a decade ago and I've had friends that have worked out there and always been happy with it. I do remember that it was pretty inexpensive. It's not huge like Lifetime or 24 Hour, but it is larger than the average strip center workout place.

Old 07-05-2012, 05:13 PM

thanks for the suggestions, i'll look into them.

txtoal: not sure where the closes YMCA is to me but that's an option i didn't even think of.

jbb303: will have to check it out.

anybody know anything about the Burleson Athletic Club?

Old 07-12-2012, 01:28 PM

14 posts, read 26,322 times
If you are in Burleson proper, the closest YMCA to you is going to be the Ryan Family YMCA on McCart Ave up in Fort Worth. It's the YMCA that serves South Fort Worth and the Crowley area. We were members there for awhile. Overall a pretty decent facility.

Also, have you checked out 'The BRiCk' in Burleson? It operated by the city of Burleson. Pretty nice facility. Hours of operation might be a little 'iffy' at times though.

Old 07-15-2012, 02:52 PM

spielboogie - no i'm not in Burleson proper, i live closer to Lillian so the YMCA is a little farther than i want to travel.

The BRiCk is expensive for someone not living in Burleson in my opinion.

I contacted the Burleson Athletic Club and they close their doors on May 1st.

how is it that Mansfield can have 24hr fitness but Burleson doesn't?
isn't Burleson more populated than Mansfield, have more business, better opportunities.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:14 PM

14 posts, read 26,322 times
Oh OK. Yeah, sounds like the 'Y' I mentioned nor the BRiCk would be good choices for you (yeah, it is pricey if you don't reside in Burleson).

Not Sure why Burleson doesn't have a 24 hr Fitness (but as fast as the town is growing, that could very well change in a few years). Heck, I'm not even sure why they don't have a YMCA (at least, they do not appear to).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth