Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 06:29 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,679,222 times

Advertisements

My son drives from home in north Arlington near Lamar Middle school to TCU campus in south FTW. About 25 minute commute. I noticed full force new construction going on around Collins/157 just north of Green Oaks, That's not too far from him. He lives in a lovely section called Prestonwood in zip coded 76012. Also lovely homes in zip code 76006. However, not new homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 06:35 AM

407 posts, read 829,442 times
Nothing against Mansfield, but seems like it's mostly junk and salvage yards than anything else. If you're looking for your stereotypical white picket fence house, stick with Keller.

You'll pay more, mind you but Keller is a very nice city with a supposedly excellent school system

Last edited by Trance750; 08-05-2012 at 07:06 AM..

Old 08-05-2012, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance750 View Post
Nothing against Mansfield, but seems like it's mostly junk and salvage yards than anything else. If you're looking for your stereotypical white picket fence house, stick with Keller.

You'll pay more, mind you but Keller is a very nice city with a supposedly excellent school system
There is a stretch of Hwy in Mansfield along the alt 287 that is as described above. Just about the exact same thing exists in Keller...I take my dogs to a daycare in Keller that always makes me think I am in the middle of skid row. But both burbs have lovely housing sections, great proximity to shopping and good schools. This post is obviously from someone who hasn't driven thru the lovely country club area of Mansfield.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:23 AM

407 posts, read 829,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calien View Post
How bad would the drive be from Arlington, say 30 near 360? What are the nice neighborhoods in that part of town?
Arlington really is a great city and like any other major city, you will have your great areas, your so-so areas, and your blighted areas.

The high-dollar areas are going to be around the Lamar/Davis areas. Quite a few multi-million dollar homes and trust-fund babies. Also beware they love HOA, so if you're looking for a non-HOA you may want to avoid that area

The area I grew up was in South Arlington, and even though I have not lived there in years, I must say they have really cleaned up. There was a lot of gang-related incidents in that area about 10 years ago (Espeically in the New York AVE/ Arkansas lane areas)

But like I said, the city really cleaned up and transformed into a very nice blue-collar neighborhood

Old 08-11-2012, 10:33 PM

206 posts, read 483,553 times
What are the nicest neighborhoods in Mansfield?

Old 08-11-2012, 10:50 PM

206 posts, read 483,553 times
Sorry - also, please rank the best HS's in Mansfield.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calien View Post
Sorry - also, please rank the best HS's in Mansfield.
Here is a good place to research school ratings.

2011 Accountability: List by District

Old 08-12-2012, 11:28 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
The area in north Arlington that Squirl mentioned is mixed use development with homes (supposedly some fairly $$$ ones), townhomes/apts with retail/commercial space...
the problem is that the area is just across 157/N Collins from a huge dump?
and there is a problem with methane gas and other smells that is pretty evident
Plus that road gets lot of traffic on Ranger and Cowboy game days in addition to normal commuting to 183/Mid Cities...

frankly I would not recommend that area to anyone looking to relocate to this area

Old 08-12-2012, 04:08 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
frankly I would not recommend that area to anyone looking to relocate to this area
No kidding! My husband and I were laughing about the fancy "Veridian" signs and such! Dnt the developers notice the huge dump right across the road?! And who wants to live on land that is essentially in the river bottom flood plain?! I just can't ever see this project working out...

Old 09-27-2012, 02:20 PM

143 posts, read 375,011 times
In Mansfield for your price range it would be SE Mansfield which will go to the newly opened H.S. Lake Ridge. That area also has a lot of family oriented businesses, (little league, Big League Dreams, Hawaiian Falls water park). Your route to work would be Broad St. to 287 to 20, can't tell you about traffic though.
Boundaries change within the MISD so I'd get as close as possible to the H.S. (even though those that live across the street from Summit H.S. go to Mansfield H.S.)

I think Legacy H.S. is also doing well as far as admin/teachers & there are some very nice looking houses w/large lots there. In that area you have most of the restaurants & the movie theatre & quick
access to Cooper street.

Please don't don't confuse the Old Mansfield Hwy/Business 287 (in Kennedale) with Mansfield.
Hope that helps a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth