Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2012, 08:40 PM

105 posts, read 293,466 times

Advertisements

Does anybody know downtown Fort Worth well enough to answer this question?

Is it safe to walk along Jones Street between the Intermodal Transportation Center (ITC) and 4th Street at about 6-6:30pm on a weeknight?

And would it be safe to walk back along the same route, on Jones Street, between 4th and the ITC, at about 8-8:30pm on a weeknight?

The person who is thinking of walking is a 6'6", fit, young man who is not at all street-wise, if that matters for your answer. He may look a little more intimidating than he actually is, lol. He will be wearing a suit at the time, if that matters, possibly looking out of place.

Any wisdom here? Does it sound like an okay thing to do? The ITC would be perfect for his needs ... as long as it's safe to walk!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 07:53 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Your best bet is to call the FTW police and ask
they surely know the number of crimes reported in that area
From what I know about downtown from what my husband has said the Sundance area is very safe during the day and at night there are Bass cops on bikes we see when we go there for stuff at night
I know the area you are asking about is outside the Sundance area but I read the FTW paper daily and there is really no crime mentioned in downtown FTW for the most part...
the hours you are asking about are not really late night...
I would think the daylight hours would not be a problem at all...
would this person be walking to a parking garage or street parking?

I do think that some parts of downtown lack good street lighting but there are not many vagrants/street people from what I have seen...
I would be much more reluctant to walk in Courthouse area at night when it is dark than area south of Sundance by Convention Center just because the north seems more isolated...
but that is just perception--not from personal experience...

Old 10-22-2012, 02:19 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,316,643 times
Jones between 9th and 4th would be pretty safe at just about any time of day or night. Most of what you would be passing is parking lots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth