Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 10:52 AM

430 posts, read 834,695 times

Advertisements

It's another housing bubble that will have another ugly burst. Enjoy it while it lasts, but don't be caught holding a falling knife this time!

When everyone is buying anything, it's soon time to sell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 11:11 AM

430 posts, read 834,695 times

Old 10-08-2015, 04:56 PM

641 posts, read 801,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
If more to do versus better school is your choice - what keeps you from moving?

Just waiting for the right time..

I can afford more house now so this next house has to be awesome... awesome neighborhood w/ mature trees and homes w/ tons of character... close to everything, great schools...

In due time threestep,,,, in due time.....

And I'm not advocating moving to a crappy school but Arlington has Martin HS which according to k12niche, is higher ranked than Keller HS.... I can live w/ a comparable high school to Keller HS in a place with more to do

Enjoy your plethora of cookie cutter neighborhoods on .10 acre lots,,, in a vanilla boring suburb....

I'll pass

Old 10-08-2015, 05:00 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,533,794 times
If you want Arlington, great- but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around there being so much to do there as opposed to Keller. I do think parts of Arlington are really pretty.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:22 PM

641 posts, read 801,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Movingeast View Post
If you want Arlington, great- but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around there being so much to do there as opposed to Keller. I do think parts of Arlington are really pretty.
I'll rephrase... For a middle/upper class minority that enjoys seeing a large number of other middle/upper class minorities in decent establishments.... Arlington is better than Keller. Larger % of those type of ppl in Arlington. Not saying anything bad about Keller. I just think people want to be in places in which they are comfortable.

And Keller doesn't hold a candle to Arlington as far as things to do and a "less suburban feel." Arlington is close to 400K people and population density is close to 4k per sq mile compared to Keller's 43K ppl and 2.3K ppl per sq mile.

There is way more to do within a 15 mile radius of Arlington's city center than Keller's city center:

Shopping: Parks Mall, Highlands, Outlet, Irving Mall, Grapevine Mall, Six Flags Mall
Sports: Rangers Stadium, Cowboys Stadium, Minor League baseball, Mavericks
Restaurants: More Restaurants are accessible
Other: Water parks, DFW airport close by, can pretty much get anywhere in less than 30 minutes with good traffic.

If you want to take advantage of the entire Metroplex,,, it's hard to beat Arlington's location. Keller is very nice... Just not for me. I'm bored here... it was a great investment (starter home),, now its time to move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth