Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 12:04 PM

2 posts, read 3,704 times

Advertisements

You plan should be JUST FINE !!! I have an OFFER for you!!! Move to "THE Affordable Part of the Metroplex" its called HEB: Hurst, Euless, Bedford.

I have lived in the HEB area since 2002 and I LOVE IT HERE!!!

As a matter of fact, if you plan to just get a GOOD AFFORDABLE PLACE, Id contact ME!!! Where I live has 5 Pools, its VERY Quiet, VERY SAFE and HIGHLY affordable (no low-life skumbags live here in my complex)

When I moved to BEDFORD from Hurst 2 years ago (I move Apartments every few years but REMAIN in HEB), I got a 6month Lease on a STUDIO apt for $499 !!!!

Water is added to the rent in this town, its an extra $30-35 a month. It fluctuates per usage, Trash and Extermination are also added about $8 and Electric is your own.

It is predominately an ALL WHITE area and close by HEB is the MIDCITIES area (North Richland Hills, Richland Hills, Watagua) and then there is the more AFFLUENT area of Colleyville, Grapevine, Southlake and Keller where the 'Rich Folk' live.

These 3 Clusters if towns are about 3 cities each. They have their own EVERYTHING: Amusement Parks, MALLS/Shopping, Movie/Entertainment and there is practically a fricking Wal-Mart in EVERY TOWN down here because the demand id Very High for it!

There are SO MANY people here that its not funny (not over crowded but not lonly either)

Now, us Texans (Ive claimed TEXAS as my home now) DO like our Privacy! So dont expect EVERYBODY to be in your business and saying "Hi" at every corner! It has CHANGED over the last 15 years because of all of the INFLUX of the 'Northerners and Easterners' that brought a certain ATTITUDE here. So, TEXANS will open up to you IF YOU OPEN UP FIRST! You show Kindness and it will MOSTLY be returned.

Driving and Jobs here are FIERCE with competition! The Driving conditiond are: if your slow, MOVE TO THE RIGHT. everybody has Trucks and SUVs and 'EVERYBODY is full of Self Entitlement' in this area... they ALL want to be first! Jobs? Figure that there will be 30-50 people (possibly more depending on the job) Applying for the SAME Position!

How did I get off subject ?? Ok just LIVE in HEB and WORK in either FtWorth, Las Colinas or Dallas. Hows that??

Contact me if you need a NEW Friend!!! A referral to my VERY AFFORDABLE AND OUIET Complex and a person who will show you EVERYTHING here!!!

Welcome !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 08:05 PM

293 posts, read 849,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSchmidt View Post
What years were you in Texas? I was there from 1984 to 1999. Hillsboro the whole time for me.
Sorry, I just saw this. I was in Fort Worth from 1994 to 2002.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:11 PM

24,488 posts, read 10,815,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInTexas View Post
Contact me if you need a NEW Friend!!! A referral to my VERY AFFORDABLE AND OUIET Complex and a person who will show you EVERYTHING here!!!

Welcome !!!
You are not by any chance hoping for a referral fee or are the leasing agent:>)

Old 12-10-2013, 09:28 AM

2 posts, read 2,952 times
Default Can't Wait To Move NEED HELP!

Wondering how the move is going? interestingly enough my husband also works in Bay City, Mich. We have the unique opportunity to move also to Texas with the company. It's our choice as to where. Dallas/Fort Worth area or somewhere on the east of Texas. All of his work is travel and includes Louisiana. I also have lived here my whole life in Midland. He lived in Austin for 7 years and loved it. We have to young kids and not a clue where to start. Any advise would be welcome!

Old 12-17-2013, 05:14 PM

367 posts, read 817,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeeld View Post
Wondering how the move is going? interestingly enough my husband also works in Bay City, Mich. We have the unique opportunity to move also to Texas with the company. It's our choice as to where. Dallas/Fort Worth area or somewhere on the east of Texas. All of his work is travel and includes Louisiana. I also have lived here my whole life in Midland. He lived in Austin for 7 years and loved it. We have to young kids and not a clue where to start. Any advise would be welcome!
Is he driving or flying?

If flying, I'd choose someplace close to DFW, like Grapevine (which I like a lot, as its downtown is neat and it has some fun city festivals).

I relocated here in 2010 to North Richland Hills and I like it here a lot.

I'd recommend Tarrant County and the Fort Worth side of town, but I'm biased.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth