Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 09:04 PM

150 posts, read 418,434 times

Advertisements

The trains can be an issue if you are traveling the secondary roads to and from 35W. Because they are just leaving the railyard, the speeds are usually slow and they often stop. We rarely go on the other side of the tracks, so it's never really been an issue for us. The train horns will travel further during the cold winter months. We've been here for several years and you'd be amazed at how quickly you get used to it. If you like the Eagle Mountain area, another location I'd recommend is Haslet. Have you traveled up 287 to the 1 acre lots in Haslet? That'll get you in Northwest ISD, if the ratings for EMS ISD have you concerned
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 10:17 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,116,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
The schools in those areas are mediocre to poor. Scores of tract neighborhoods on the downhill slide. Poor shopping and eating establishments. EML is next to a busy rail corridor, and transportation hub for truckiing. Frankly, it's an area on the decline. I hope your "country feel" is worth it, because Grapevine would be a much better location for schools and property appreciation.
What.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:22 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,116,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesick texan View Post
Thank you all for your opinions. I have wondered what it is that makes the schools in those areas not rated as highly on some websites. How busy is the rail corridor next to EML? How does that affect traffic and is it a noise problem?

I have looked at the Grapevine area and it seems very nice. The lake was pretty and I like the general "close in" thing. But it seemed SO crowded and congested. Maybe it was just where we were and other places aren't as bad. But it just felt like some highway we were on driving through there was just covered with construction and traffic. I want some big Texas sky and some breathing room. Also, the lots I saw in Grapevine all seemed small. We would really like an acre or so. I drove through EML area and it had more the "feel" I wanted. Bigger lots, the lake in view, hills. I have yet to drive around Granbury. So it helps to hear all your opinions. I like the thought of it being its own small town and not just a suburb.....But I am worried it is a little TOO far out. Thank you all for your opinions!
Grapevine is just typical suburban schlock. Terrible traffic.

Granbury is a great town to raise kids. Lots of custom housing options. Not a tract builder town if that makes sense. Lots of growth happening...and u mentioned big sky views.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:19 AM

87 posts, read 153,835 times
Thanks, TxBrn and slo. I appreciate. I haven't looked at haslet at all, but I will check it out!

Old 03-23-2013, 06:59 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
The Grapevine highway construction will be at an end by the middle of next year.
Actually, it will be done by fall of 2013. They are over a year ahead of schedule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth