Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2013, 01:30 PM

234 posts, read 288,393 times

Advertisements

I found a house I like very much, but it is located in East Fort Worth in the area known as Meadowbrook, the John Roberts subdivision. In general, everyone says east Fort Worth is bad, but I think there must be some little enclaves that are not very bad.

Can anyone comment on the area I am considering? I am an older woman, and I live alone. I am generally home at night, and I am cautious about my surroundings. Would that be enough?

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 06:29 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
Sketchy, sketchy, sketchy.

No, I would not recommend Meadowbrook, especially for an older woman who lives alone.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:32 PM

7 posts, read 14,276 times
No way

Old 06-02-2013, 08:36 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,835,591 times
You will be fine in Meadowbrook.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:44 AM

656 posts, read 1,355,271 times
I would be highly against living in east Fort Worth. Take a look at the crime stats in that area.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:43 AM

3,086 posts, read 7,611,753 times
It's a toss up, really. I don't know exactly where that particular subdivision is, so that will make a difference.

There are parts of Meadowbrook that are mostly older mostly white folks that have lived there all their lives. There are parts that are mostly black families that are fairly transit, meaning families moving in and out as their living situation changes. And there are parts that are mixed and in between.

If the neighborhood is is the northeastern part where it feeds into Eastern Hills Elementary, then I'd say no without a doubt. West Handley in the southeastern side is a crap shoot. Meadowbrook Elementary area on the western side area is much better.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:13 AM

234 posts, read 288,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
It's a toss up, really. I don't know exactly where that particular subdivision is, so that will make a difference.

There are parts of Meadowbrook that are mostly older mostly white folks that have lived there all their lives. There are parts that are mostly black families that are fairly transit, meaning families moving in and out as their living situation changes. And there are parts that are mixed and in between.

If the neighborhood is is the northeastern part where it feeds into Eastern Hills Elementary, then I'd say no without a doubt. West Handley in the southeastern side is a crap shoot. Meadowbrook Elementary area on the western side area is much better.
It is located off of E. Lancaster and Oakland Blvd. area. Does that tell you any more?

Thanks.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_little_truth_writer View Post
It is located off of E. Lancaster and Oakland Blvd. area. Does that tell you any more?

Thanks.
A quick look at Google street view shows me pawn shops, check cashing places, a washateria, and a dental clinic that caters to Medicaid. When I look in the residential areas, I see small, wood-frame homes with dirt driveways, cars parked in the front yard, and back yards full of junk.

No way would I live in that area, and I would not recommend it to someone else.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:46 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,835,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
A quick look at Google street view shows me pawn shops, check cashing places, a washateria, and a dental clinic that caters to Medicaid. When I look in the residential areas, I see small, wood-frame homes with dirt driveways, cars parked in the front yard, and back yards full of junk.

No way would I live in that area, and I would not recommend it to someone else.

Stop fear mongering. She stated that it’s in a subdivision, what you are talking about can't be accurate. Most of the homes in the Meadowbrook are brick. It’s quite obvious you are not familiar with area. The opt appears to not to be afraid to live in a diverse area.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:02 AM

I'm actually somewhat familiar with the area as I occasionally have to drive through there for my job, and no, I would not live there as a single female.

Go look at the Google street view for "E. Lancaster and Oakland Blvd." area that she specified above. You will see the same things I saw. That area really isn't Meadowbrook...it's Poly...which is even worse!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth